The Dopplhift: 'Atrophy', mix

Rock mix

1 Like

sounding pretty good overall. Professional/Commercial vibes. Losing the snare in the choruses a bit, likely from limiting. Nice effects.
Well done!

1 Like

I’ve just come off another one of your mixes and you have me intrigued. I am very much liking the songs, so I’d love to know who it is that is making these songs.
I’m also noticing some comparison between the two songs/mixes. The vocal sound is, once again, stellar. It was really noticeable how well you’ve treated them when the vocal transitioned from the heavy chorus and back into the break between verses. It held up through those contrasting sections superbly.
I do, however, think that your drums are lacking bite and volume again though and now I’m starting to wonder if it’s either a stylistic choice or a mixing patter. I know I often start with drums, then bass, guitars and then vox and by the time I’ve brought in all those other elements, the drums are forgotten and buried somewhat. Just a thought.
A small suggestion of purely aestheitc nature also, the vocal might benefit from a more prominent delay in the bridge, as to break up the sound of the vocal a little compared to the rest of the song but also to give a bit more atmosphere to that section which is oozing space and similar elements already.

Man, I loved that. It was another great song with so many wonderful sections feeding into and across each other. Details please… :slight_smile:

1 Like