The Alchemy Index - Bitter Township

Yessss! I agree with previous comments about the drums, but otherwise this sounds great… just needs some balancing.

I think the vocals can come up… between the nice wall of guitars and the doubling/verb on the vocals it can get a bit lost. Softer vox around 3:20 are a good example.

For the drums, you may have tried all this… but I’ma mention it anyways! Ducking the bass to the kick drum always helps, and sometimes I’ll duck the guitars very slightly to the snare drum… that definitely helps them poke through. Clipping them is also useful. I think here they can generally come up a bit in the mix, but the stuff I mentioned can help the kick/snare hit a bit harder without pushing up the overall drums too much. Parallel compression/distortion to taste as well.

Great improvement though… this is coming along really well!

Nice improvement! +1 on bringing the drums back up! :+1:

I only listened to your latest revision. My first reaction was that the low end felt really rumbly, almost like it’s been too compressed with a multiband compressor, or maybe just the bass is too compressed (which is something I never thought I’d say).

1 Like

Maybe I put it a little too loud this time. I had the ‘‘opposit’’ remark on earlyer versions so maybe I over adjusted. :blush: Also put a little multiband compression on the master 5 bands. Maybe thit slight touch could cause problems? Was realy just guessing there and trying to be verry subtle.