Steban Ingo- Indy Garage Metal Fever

So I entered my solo version a couple weeks ago not knowing @ingolee had sent me a collab version three weeks ago. Alas, it had been sitting in my inbox unnoticed by me.

In my opinion, it is better on several levels, now I dare say it rocks! Even though it shares basically the same shell, this one has attitude. You know, one never knows what a collaboration leads to. This one turned out to be a lot of fun for us both!

0 voters

Thanks for the contest, guys! We would never have done something like this otherwise, so it was a real learning experience.

2 Likes

Yo this is cool. it has tude. ha ha Sweet voice. Like to have heard you get nasty with that vocal tho…Might be just me?? This contest is a lot of fun. Good luck you two:)

Paul

1 Like

Thanks, Paul! I’ll have to work on the nasty part. I was hard working on the Jagger unintelligible words method to beat the censors.

1 Like

This is cool man! I like the direction you went with this one. I’m not at home at the moment, but just wanted to let you know I checked it out! Good job! :beerbanger:

1 Like

@ingolee and I much appreciate that, @holster.

Thank you holster and Mr F, for listening to us and giving us kind words!

I’ll admit, when I first heard the contest announcement I was not that excited by the concept and I had no idea for anything to enter. And then the entries I’ve been hearing have all been very creative and well done to the point that I was intimidated to even enter anyway, they’re all that good!

But then Steban came along with a concept that was very cool and I don’t believe had ever been used on ‘Fever’ before, so I just had to mess with it!

Good luck to a talented bunch here, you’re all winners.

Now this is a new approach. I like it - a lot! The music was cool and I totally dig the guitars. For me however, the vocal was a bit disconnected. I think if you got it sitting in the mix a bit better and bring up those guitars you’re golden. You remind me a bit of Robby Robertson. :+1:

1 Like

I keep mentioning how these mixes sound on the iPad Pro. I feel it only fair that I listen to each entry the same way, especially since it’s going to be a while before I get time to sit in front of my DAW. Having said that, this mix is also evenly balanced sounding, with the box sitting a little too up front.

1 Like

Thanks for the great feedback, @miked and @BigAlRocks! Vox may be a little loud, I think I did the test to turn the volume way down to make sure it was the first track heard, but @ingolee and I probably could have fooled with the levels more and found the sweeter spot in the rather loud busy arrangement we were going for.

1 Like

Thanks mike for listening and commenting. Yeah Robbie is cool, I like the “Crazy River” song.

Thanks Al for listening and commenting! Glad we passed the ipad test. :smile:

1 Like