Spotify will now allow artists to directly upload their own music (beta)

This is currently in beta, but a fairly significant announcement nonetheless.

3 Likes

Interesting. I finally got around to setting up my “Spotify For Artists” account last week. I wonder how CD Baby will spin this as bad. lol

1 Like

Yeah. I can see services like CD Baby coming to an end in the somewhat near future unless they can further expand on what they do.

I’m looking forward to this because I don’t want to sign up to itunes, CD Baby or any other music sales sites just to get my songs on streaming sites like Spotify. It’s best to sell your music through your own website so you can keep all the profits. In this online world, music makers have to be aware of how to optimize their income because physical sales aren’t as great as they used to be.

It might be a good idea to view the streaming sites as modern day radio. When indie bands release an album they would be better served to just put 2 or 3 of their most commercial songs on Spotify instead of uploading the whole album. This way if listeners like your music they can be directed to a sales page on your website to buy directly from you. The artist gets 100% of the profit.

1 Like

I had forgotten about this post. Have any of you guys/gals been trying this out?

Bump.

I too am very interested if anyone hashad any success…

1 Like

Yeah me too i am interested.