Soundbetter.com and fiverr

Took a quick look through soundbetter.com and was reminded how competitive this space can get at the top of the food chain. It was interesting how it was almost direct opposite of fiverr. One minute you can look around fiverr, and be like ‘man, I’m doing really well’, then click over to soundbetter and remind yourself that you’re not lol.

But this also reminds me of how this industry is still built on networking and relationships. There are so damn many qualified mix engineers on soundbetter, that you almost can’t even make an informed decision on who to contact unless you REALLY know what you’re doing.

Then there’s a lot of bullshit on that site. I know what Dave Pensado, Tom Lord Alge, Yoad Nevo, and Warren Huart charge. There’s no fucking reason no namers should be asking for more money than those guys. That’s ridiculous as someone asking three times what their house is worth, with no compelling reason or justification. I can’t put my finger on why that annoys me lol. Maybe it was like my local music store that recently listed a guitar for $123 million dollars on Facebook just to get peoples attention? Who the hell knows.

1 Like

I don’t get it. Why should any one want to earn $5 for mixing a complete song? If you’re an amateur like me it’ll take you many hours (and it still won’t be anything like professional). If however you really can mix like a pro, and you can get away with a quick 1 hour mix, $5 can’t be a viable proposition either.

The vast majority on Fiverr don’t.

1 Like