So Antelope is making hardware emulators now?

Jeez…I didn’t even know about this. I guess they have been out for a year.

Incase you don’t know:

Universal Audio make awesome emulators plugins and they live on a chip on your Universal audio converter. They cost a lot of money.

Antelope is making emulator plugins and they live on a chip on your Antelope audio converter. They are all free.

So…is Antelope a UAD killer?? Hmmm…I can’t find many demos. The ones they have out there are hilariously worthless.

This is one of the better articles that gives you a snapshot of what they are doing.

http://www.audiotechnology.com.au/wp/index.php/are-antelopes-free-real-time-effects-a-uad-killer/

Thoughts?

Holy Shit. If you google Antelope FPGA, you see all the cool plugins but THEY WON’T SHUT UP AND DEMO THEM!!! Soooooooo annoying!

I’ll have to check that out. I haven’t used UAD stuff in a few years. I kinda lost interest in them

What UAD stuff do you have?

I had one of the firewire boxes. I’m trying to remember what I had for plugins. Seems like it was a few of the comps (la2a, 1176, etc), the Manley stuff and reverbs. I know I had a couple of the channel strip plugins too. I was just annoyed by how crappy PT ran when I utilized those plugins. Seemed opposite of what it should’ve experienced. Also found a number of them to be pretty unremarkable compared to stock stuff. But that’s just me. Its not like I have a good point of reference of comparing to the actual gear. haha