Simple Man, Graham Nash 1970

Graham Nash wrote this heartbreaker on June 7, 1970, just hours before his show with Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young at the Fillmore East in New York City, where he performed it for the first time. The day before, he broke up with Joni Mitchell, whose life together he sang about in the 1970 CSN&Y track “Our House.” It was devastating for Nash. “My whole world fell apart,” he said.

Dedicated to all our heart-broken fellow men and women.
Time heals. Love is the greatest!!!
Hope, peace and love to all peoples!!!

3 Likes

A hauntingly beautiful song, good job! I didn’t know the history so thanks for that.

There are many sorrows occurring in our world now, and perhaps many more to come during the prophesied tribulations. May we all stick together for the sake of one another and all of humanity. Amen.

1 Like

Beautiful Job Rene.

Maybe I missed it, but have you done any Cat Steven’s covers ?
Your voice reminds me of his work.

1 Like

Amen to that, Stan.
Hope for all mankind, peace to another, and love for all!!!
Thanks Stan!!!
Rene

1 Like

HI JayGee,
Thanks for the wonderful comments!
I do have one song from Cat Stevens, and I love his work.
Gotta do more Cat Stevens!
Here is one from an older recording,

Also available in my YouTube Channel:

Subscribe, if you haven’t.

Respectfully,
Rene

2 Likes

incredible! Voice seems well centered in this one. It looks like you are facing the mic directly as well. This could be the sweet spot possibly? Maybe a half an inch further back from the mic.

2 Likes

So glad to see that microphone. I know there is phantom power but a mic??

1 Like

I am no longer using this set-up.
I still use this SM-58, but directly pointed towards my guitar, and positioned below the iMac camera view.
I am now using my Ear Trumpet Labs “Edwina” directly above my forehead, just out of view of the iMac camera.
Thanks for the feedback.
Rene

Hi Paul,
I am no longer using this set-up.
I still use this SM-58, but directly pointed towards my guitar, and positioned below the iMac camera view.
I am now using my Ear Trumpet Labs “Edwina” directly above my forehead, just out of view of the iMac camera.
The SM-58 do not need phantom power, but the “Edwina” does.

I am very surprised at the way my two microphones ar picking up the vocals and guitar in my music room.
My new set-up do not have the mics visible, which I love.

Thanks Paul!!!

1 Like

There are tons of songs that you could do real justice to IMHO. Please don’t run and do this, but consider " tears in heaven" I play it in G. Ultimate tab has many renditions, but only one is right. G D Em is the start. (or capo 2) Just play it for fun. I think you will enjoy the ride.

1 Like

Hi Paul,
You are so great!!!
I do love this song, and sooner or later, I will have to do this song.
You are very appreciated!!!
Love this request.
Rene