Sean - Personality

Hi all,
Had a lot of fun with mixing the song.
Used the original tracks without DI tracks and raw vocal.
Looking forward to your feedback.
Upload your 320kbps mp3 of your mix here.

0 voters

Love the brightness of the guitars! Nice and warm one! Cheers! :smile:

1 Like

Sounds like a record to me.

1 Like

I like your snare. Hi hat seems a bit loud at times. Well done.

1 Like

Sounding good - nice up front vocals and I like your natural sounding drums.

Something sounds strange with the overheads - the cymbals seem overbearing at times, with too much attack and no sustain - a compression artifact, perhaps?

The kick drum sounds a little too thick in the (at a guess) 80-150hz region, and perhaps below that too - could do with tucking the low end of that in a little more and tightening that up.

1 Like

Thanks for your comments.

Something sounds strange with the overheads - the cymbals seem overbearing at times, with too much attack and no sustain - a compression artifact, perhaps?

I only used EQ and reverb on cymbals, no compression.

For the kick, it may be coming from my monitoring.

Will try to fix!

Thanks for the feedback!

CosmicSea2h
I like your snare. Hi hat seems a bit loud at times. Well done.

I felt the same, but no time to work on automation.
will try it later.

I like to use light compression, very light limiting and and then GClip on my snares. I feel with this chain you get control over the offending hits, but retain it’s transients. Snare transient designers are also useful in certain situations.

Great mix, by the way. One of the best I’ve heard, so far.

I haven’t tried transient designers. Any recommendation?

I use SPL’s Transient Designer and Stillwell’s Transient Monster. Both are great plugins. Stillwell’s is cheaper and just as good. Demo them and see what you like. :slight_smile:

Thanks!!

1 Like

Hey Sean, nice mix. I also used the original gtr and vocals… Probably should have re-amped… Ah well…

Nice balances overall. I think the LV reverb is a little long for this tune, but you do have it working well. Could use some more de-essing on the vocals. Bottom end could be better defined. (I couldn’t get the bass to work with just the DI so I added an amp track.) Anyway, nice work. Hope you don’t mind the critique; I prefer it to endless praise. (If I want that I’ll talk to my wife… That’s a joke, son… :wink:)

If you get the chance, please listen to my mix and comment; I’d appreciate it!

Mike K Mix of Personality

I would take a look at http://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/transgressor/ it is only $49 right now and it is a transient designer like none other that i have seen or tried.

1 Like

Solid mix here. If you route all of your instruments through a bus, then i would suggest pulling a little out with a high shelf. Or at least do that on the drum bus, it is not much but it is on that side of bright where it goes from taste to painful. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your feedback!
I did a final touch on over 10Khz. I think it made the track a bit harsh and cymbals louder.

1 Like

I haven’t got much time for working on re-amping guitars and bass. :frowning:
Anyway! your track is awesome!! I really like it!

Except the too much amount of cymbs, sounds awesome !

1 Like