Saw All the Cars

I saw all the cars parked out front and figured I’d come in and see what’s going on. Great job Holster! Nice place. Is that a real sofa?

I’m another RR refugee, 98springer. I didn’t want to miss out on all the good info. Looking forward to seeing the site grow.

3 Likes

The sofa is real, we hauled it from 2 streets over. The smell is gone and, except for that one wilde spring, it is damn comfy.
@98springer Welcome, glad you have made it to the party!

1 Like

Welcome, good to have you join us for the switch.

Welcome @98springer! Glad to have you on board. :slight_smile:

Welcome @98springer ! Come in, put your feet up and join the party!

I thought that was the casting couch? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously, @98springer, It’s good to have you here! Did you check out the mix contest yet?

Hey holster! This is really taking off! “Nice job” to all. I see a coffee table and a velvet elvis on the horizon!
I did check out the contest. I downloaded the files to practice and learn. I really enjoy checking out the feedback from the other members.

Awesome! Let us know if you have any questions! These contests are a great way to learn. Looking forward to hearing what you do with it :thumbsup:

Hahaha! There’s not enough leather cleaner on the planet that’d convince me to take one of those couches. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Lay down Sally!

This is why we can’t have nice things.

1 Like

I keep thinking about cptfiasco’s “the sofa is real” comment. I chuckle.Inwardly. More of a titter. Certainly not a guffaw or chortle. Still, it’s palpable. And by that I mean capable of being palped.

I was thinking that could be the motto for the new site. “IRD, the sofa is real”. But BigAl sullied it Mind you, this is only because I recognize that couch.

And now…

2 Likes

I was just saying the other day in another thread that I absolutely love the word palpable. It just feels good.

Oh my God. I stole that from you. I read that post. That is a good word. I like “shenanigans” too.
“The shenanigans were palpable”. And nougat. Like in the candy bars. And “rich creamery butter”.
I’ll never get to sleep now.
I’ve been on the site for two days and I’m already plagiarizing.

3 Likes

And “exacerbate”. I think that means fantasizing about an old flame.

1 Like

I can see that we are clearly kindred spirits!! That one is epic. And that’s not plagiarism, that is solidarity. :grinning:

Is that a real poncho or a Sears poncho? :wink:

Knew it wouldn’t take long for Patrick to track down another Zappa fan!

Sofa is such a great tune. BTW, for you @Chordwainer who love great acoustic performances, have you heard this:

1 Like