"Salty" - freshly minted rock mix

Excellent Andrew! Great song and performance, which is always a good start. Tasty sounds all around (love that clean guitar solo).
The only thing that I’m not too fond of is the wash of crash cymbals combined with the distorted guitar fizz. It gets a bit tiring after a while (to my old ears anyway! :smiley: )
Not sure what the extra seconds of feedback adds to the song though, but I suppose the band likes it.
Still a great mix from you, clear and full and kept my interest all the way.
Top job again! :beerbang:
O! I live for the day when you’ll do a really bad one, that will make me believe you’re human after all! :wink:

1 Like

Sounds great.
May want to go back and reference Lit A place in the Sun for reference…
Not too dissimilar.

Basically there.

What a room !
Natural one ?

No kidding! I think we will have a LONNNNNG time to wait for something like that…!

1 Like

I don’t think we’ll ever see the day! And that’s a great thing, because otherwise it could mean something really bad is happening in the world, like Armageddon or something???

1 Like

Yeah, no kidding, something truly apocalyptic and civilization-ending, like, oh, I dunno… something completely crazy, like Donald Trump being US president!! Ha hahahahaha!

Oh… wait.

1 Like

Thanks Pat - I appreciate the kind comments and compliments…

Yeah, the choruses are pretty full on. I don’t know if I would describe the guitars as “fizzy” though. They all pretty much have no content above around 4-5k… but yeah, that’s the nature of the beast in terms of the arrangement. The drummer is pretty much bashing open hats and crash cymbals all over the place. The conundrum is that if you turn the OH and hihat/ride mics down, it sounds smoother, but it also sounds too polite and unexciting.

Thanks Markeaux! The reference given to me by the band for the song was actually Radiohead’s “Creep”. It was helpful, but in the end the drummer wanted the verse drums to be a lot brighter than in “Creep” (Which I kind of suspected he would all along).

The Lit song sounds cool, but since tempo is always a vitally important factor in the way things are eq’d and compressed, I’d find that track too fast in tempo to work well as a comparison with this.

For my own personal reference, I used Green Day’s “Wake Me Up When September Ends” mainly for the way the chorus sounds.

Not sure what you mean by that, Moa - could you explain the question a little further?