Sailing, Christopher Cross 1980

“Sailing” is a 1980 soft rock song written and recorded by American artist Christopher Cross.
The song won Grammy Awards for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Arrangement of the Year, and helped Cross win the Best New Artist award.

Dedicated to all our Sailors, most especially to our active duty US Navy Personnel, and their families!!!

Peace and Love!!!

Copyright owners
LatinAutor - UMPG, UMPG Publishing

3 Likes

Man, that took me back to when I was a kid! I’d love to hear this with a shaker or some percussion!!

1 Like

Really nice… another trip back in time. “The canvas can do miracles.” It is the canvas of music.

1 Like

It’s a very pretty song, and it’s interesting to hear your take on it! I do remember this one well, and while I wasn’t a big Chris Cross fan back then, I also enjoyed his song Ride Like The Wind. Both of these came out around the same time, and played frequently on the radio.

1 Like

Hi holster,
Always love your great ideas, and I agree fully!!!
Thank you for your solid support and inspiration.
Rene

Hi skua,
Always a treat to hear from you!!!
What beautiful and poetic lyrics, indeed!
The canvas is still open for a lot of goodness from peoples’ creativity.
Love your comments.
Thank you
Rene

Hi Stan,
CC is a big hit back there, and you are right, his song were always on the radio back then.
Your comments are well loved, and I am so thankful.
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like

One of the best singers I have heard here. Very seldom do you have pitchy vocal notes. However, if one is looking hard to find something to comment on, there are some notes in the first line and a few others that are a bit off. You seem to warm up and nail them later. Words like paradise etc. 99% of the public would not hear them.
please don’t hate me. I have lost many friends when speaking of vox notes. peace

1 Like

Hi feaker,
I am so grateful for your honesty.
I need to warm up my vocals before recording.
Sometimes, I get impatient. And sometimes, my vocals get tired after trying to complete a recording without making a mistake, so I let a mediocre recording go due to being tired and impatient.
I need to nail my recordings well, as I started this new venture with “Distrokid”.
Have you heard about this song distribution organization?
Check out my new releases (4 already) using Distrokid, and my songs are all over the different song advertising and sales points like Spotify, iTunes, Amazon and Apple Music, etc.
Let me know what you think about this organization.
Thanks for your expertise and assistance, and most of all, your support and honesty!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like

I was on distro also. All I remember was chalking up points for what reason I can’t remember. I have otherwise never pushed my music.
Glad you are out there. Your talent level is not average. good luck

1 Like

Hi Paul,
Can you give me some tips or lessons learned on your Distro experience?
Is this org a good place to be?
Or, is this the venue to talk about it.
Thanks so much!!!
Respectfully,
Rene