Round 3 (The Final Round)

Here’s the final round. Voting closes on Monday, December 16 around 9:00am Eastern US Time.

@ColdRoomStudio

vs

@Jonathan

• ColdRoomStudio
  • Jonathan

0 voters

@BigAlRocks - go ahead and call this one a wrap, and announce Andrew the winner. If there’s only 10 voters, there’s no point in dragging it on.

I’ll see if I can start working on that video the next few days.

1 Like

Good point @Jonathan. @ColdRoomStudio is the winner. Congrats!

3 Likes

Congrats, you guys! Nicely done!

1 Like

Well done! In fact, all four of the finalist were good solid mixes!

1 Like

Yayyy Congrats @ColdRoomStudio and to everyone… lots o’ fun!
Can we start the next one now? :wink:

1 Like

Woohoo! Thanks! Great fun… Of course, I have to give all the credit to @bozmillar and his amazing “The Wall” limiter, because you know I only won because my mix was LOUDER than @Jonathan :grimacing: Haha, I can’t resist a dig :wink:

Jokes aside, it’s very cool to hear everybody’s take on this - some really excellent mixes, and I’m chuffed to be in the company of the esteemed Mr @Jonathan ! A fun little comp - it’s a lot friendlier when the stakes are not high, methinks. :thinking:

I deliberately resisted voting on any of bouts of the rounds where my mix was in contention, but it would have been nice to see more involvement in the voting from the community here. I think, in part the lack of visibility of the fact that a contest is going on may be a lot of the reason why there were so few voters.

Here’s a suggestion for future rounds: Can the winner pick the next multi-track to mix? There is a regular contest on the Reaper forum where they do that. In fact - come to think of it - if we want to get more people involved and traffic to the site, it might be worth letting the regulars in that comp know that we are doing a regular comp here, because it is my understanding that the guy who was running that comp might be stepping back from it:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=228028

Thanks again to those who liked my mix! :grin:

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing!

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned, that’s a big YES! (Someone else should run it though since I didn’t do a very good job.)

I think this is a great idea.

Another great idea!

yess. I knew I was the reason for you winning.

3 Likes

Congratulations Andrew .Was a great mix and well deserved .

1 Like

Glad to see you guys still having fun here :+1:
If i manage to get a set up sorted out i’ll be back someday lol. :beers:

3 Likes

Good mixes, Jonathan, and ColdRoom.

1 Like

Thank you! And wow… Very cool that someone listened to this a whole year after that competition :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, thanks Kev!.. and Wow! Holy Dead Thread Resurrection, Batman!!!

Good point, in fact I remember the song from the start of the competition, but completely missed what happened after that, and I like to think of myself as one of the regulars on this site…

And yet another great idea! There are after all quite a lot of Reaper users on this forum :wink:

I’ll sum it up for you:

I got clobbered by Andrew in the final round. That’s what happened. :frowning:

haha - no… seriously. It was a fun contest. Not a lot of entries (I think we had 8 or 10)…but a fun contest.

2 Likes