Rock start temporarily on vacation

I started this last week. Got tired of that sappy weird one. I never did come up with a melody line or lyrics. I was wondering about the guitar tone. I have the Gibson 335 hard left and right, but found out it could not hold the volume a full count with an Em one strum chord. I followed up by playing two more tracks with my PRS this morning and the strings held longer. I mixed them 80 and 70 L and R. It sounds a bit noisy. I have two different bass tracks one down the middle and I threw the other 15% to the side for some strange reason. Studio one drums. No compression or EQ on anything yet.
Had a little fun singing all that falsetto stuff. No they will not be included in the final mix:)
I started singing at an unusual time and it worked? ha ha Your thoughts on the guitars/ vibe.

edit I pulled it to finish up

2 Likes

Works for me. Sort of Aerosmith?

1 Like

Sounds pretty good to me, Paul - nice’n’grungey! Those vocals crack me up! :joy:

2 Likes

Hah! Paul, this is a little stepping out of your comfort zone! I like it! Bring the drums and bass up in the mix. Go maybe for a little less verb.

The NEW Feakmeister. This is actually pretty cool. Good job!!

Hi Tesgin guy. Earlier in the week I felt a little strained with the virus thing and told my wife that I was heading for the studio to play some rock to feel alive again. It worked. After I went to mix down, it said I was 6 db over do you want to continue. I always say sure. I will have to pull some of those guitar tracks down and lift the bass and drums. Not a mixer, but I might put compression on the drums. I see they spike the most. I might do something crazy with this. Yes this is not my true comfort zone as of late, but was 30 years ago. ha ha I already started a slow one, but it might be too much like Jonny Cash’s swan song? the best to you and keep on a bikin

1 Like