Postponed (To 2021): Ingo Lee, Steban, and Chordwainer

I liked that, Andrew. Dave is the decider.

In a perfect world we’d get everybody here at IRD to sing “postponed” and we’d do a 30 second extended ending!

Sorry, I had no intention of inserting myself into your project - It was just easier to demonstrate the idea rather than trying to explain it in text… I find it’s a much more immediate way to trial if something works or not. Feel free to ignore… Carry on.

1 Like

Dude, keep on inserting please! :grin: Your ideas are always welcome. Having some sounds to get the idea across is clearly the best way, and not having to type a bunch of text that may or may not get the idea across is a big bonus. Delighted you felt like taking the time to do that. :beerbanger:

I’m happy to have people listening and involved and offering help, it’s good for the song and good for all of us and IRD too. And Dave has a clear vision of what this song needs and I’m amazed at how he has brought it to life so I know he’ll make good use of your ideas so thank you for that.

Hi folks,

Following Andrew’s @ColdRoomStudio suggestion, I’ve added some “ahhhhhhh” backing vocals in the choruses and outro, with a bit of low-register call/response action as it fades out. Not quite everything he suggested but I do think it helps things gallop along. Many thanks again Andrew for the idea! New version is in the OP.

Sounds great Dave - Love the ending!

1 Like

Many thanks Andrew – I think that Ingo, Steve, and I are in agreement that a) this is now done and b) we really appreciate the great input and thoughtful listening! Definitely restarted my musical engine, which is so welcome in these dark times.

Cheers to all! :beerbanger:

1 Like

Fun ditty with lots of country flavour. I like the guitar embellishments that are placed throughout the song. Helps prevent any monotony. Version 2 and 3 with the louder drums sound much better than the first V1 with the quiet drums. I also like the call and return low vocal on the fade out at the end.

I’m surprised nobody mentioned the noise / hiss at the very start of the song, when the guitar starts playing. It’s quite loud and apparent, especially in version 2 and 3. You can hear it for a fraction of a second before the first guitar comes in and while the first guitar is playing but also when the second guitar comes in through the right speaker, to a lesser degree. When all the instruments come in I don’t think I noticed the hiss though. A noise gate might be a solution for that part.

All around this is a fun song and you guys did a good job. Nice to see/ hear an IRD collaboration!!!

You are absolutely right about this, and I noticed it myself after I posted V3. I think I know where that’s coming from, and it’ll be an easy fix. Thanks for flagging it, and thanks for the kind words!

1 Like

Sounds great. As a guitarist I really appreciated the guitar sounds. Nice playing and really great tones. It has a really pleasant vibe overall.

2 Likes

The culprit for this was just what I thought, and it took seconds to fix. I’ve replaced V3 in the OP with the corrected version. Thanks again @Wicked!

And with that, Ingo and Steve and I are stamping this puppy… thanks again for all the great input!

2 Likes