Positively Negative

Cool song and great lyrics… had me smiling all the way through. To me the interim mix sounds much better… more… cohesive? It all seems to ‘fit’ together better. Nice.

1 Like

Thanks folks! Andrew, sounds like you and Stan are identifying the same issue with respect to those plosive consonants. Will have a look at those comp settings. Using Voxengo Voxformer on this one, so I have plenty of tweakable options there.

And I will readily concede that I am sheepish that simply doing my due diligence by referencing the mix against a suitable commercial track has made such a big improvement. Shoulda done that to start with…

Having a fantastic time in Portland, Oregon, visiting with my sister and her husband ahead of our travel to Salem to view the eclipse on Monday. Went to see Garrison Keillor in concert last night-- the “lite” version of Prairie Home Companion with lots of super tasty americana style music all evening and GK’s unique narrative style of storytelling. All while actually sitting outside in August (unheard of in Houston) and in fact I needed to put on long sleeves!!! The weather here right now is simply perfect.

Your best effort for me Dave, in terms of the mix I’m struggling to find anything (positively) negative to say about it. A little bit more definition in the kick perhaps?

In terms of the vocals - I’d be working that Melodyne to the max if I were in your shoes. Or even better, retake the lead vocal. I think you are capable of a better performance.

1 Like

Thanks Adrian! A vocal retake is very likely in the cards already… :wink: