Please bash - Wasted And Thrown (miked mix)

Here’s a recent release by our own @ptalbot . I pestered him after hearing it and he was kind enough to let me do a mix of it. Let me know what you think.

Thanks Patrick! :slightly_smiling_face:

The updated mix:

His release is here:

1 Like

No complaints listening on my work laptop.

2 Likes

Thanks Big Al!

2 Likes

Great sound Ptaly. For the first time, my puter won’t reconnize my headphones, but it sounds great on the puter speakers. Got a little Petty feel in the vox:)

2 Likes

The instruments are sounding good they could have a little carved out around the highmids to let the vocals come through a little more. I find that the vocals are a little too hot in the mids.

2 Likes

Sounding pretty good to me, Mike! Well done! :+1::smiley:

1 Like

@redworks - Hey Eric, I put MSpectralDynamics on my music buss and side-chained the vocal track to carve out that space - maybe I should be a little less subtle with it? I’ll check the EQ on the vocal and maybe try and soften it a little too. Thanks!

@ptalbot - Thanks Patrick! Great song and production! Your solo is sublime, and the keys around it really take it to another level. Absolutely love it!

2 Likes

I uploaded an updated mix in the first post. I tweaked the acoustic a little bit and addressed Eric’s comments…

I feel like that is sitting better as far as the vocals. Nicely done.

1 Like

Thanks - great feedback!