Photograph, Ed Sheeran / cover by Clarissa

“Photograph” is a song by English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran, written with with Snow Patrol member Johnny McDaid, who had a piano loop from which the composition developed. With visually descriptive lyrics, it discusses a long-distance relationship inspired by Sheeran’s own experience of being away from his then-girlfriend while he was on tour.

Love is a many splendored thing.
This song is dedicated to all peoples of our world, who needs hope, peace and love.

Heartily dedicated to a woman we dearly love, Happy Birthday Mimi!!!

Vocals by Clarissa, guitar by Rene, recorded in RVA Recording Studio, 16SEP2022.

4 Likes

Lovely. My granddaughter Gracie sing this in the shower all the time. Mimi can sing for sure. See seems very comfortable with you. You could have chirped a little harmony there ole boy??
Nothing to fault again. Only little thing is i would love to hear her hold her notes just a tad longer. Can hurt…etc

1 Like

Hi feaker,
Thank you so much, as always, for your solid support!!!
My daughter’s name is Clarissa, and I will pass on the longer notes, and let her voice linger a bit.
We have a little bit of time to record together, so maybe, one of these recordings, I will harmonize with her.
At this time, I will let her shine!!!
Warm regards,
Rene

1 Like

and shine she will :slight_smile:
Beautiful singing, nice warm vocal treatments. Great voice!

I assume you recorded the vocals with a directional mic? You may want to center the vocals to get her voice to come out crisper and strong. Though it is beautiful as is.

1 Like

Wow, Clarissa has great control of her vibrato in her singing voice! Has she had lessons and training for that? In my experience, some people have a pretty good natural vibrato, but I have only heard that level of skill in controlling vibrato in professionally trained opera singers!

1 Like

Hi Michelle,
Thanks for the great feedback.
My recording set-up uses 2 mics, a Shure Sm-58 dynamic and a Ear Trumpet Labs “Edwina Model” condenser.
One of my recording set-up style is that you cannot see the microphones (thanks to “studio”), and so the 2 mics are about 10-12 inches away from the recorded singer, and both microphones pick up the vocals and the guitar.
Thanks again.
Rene

Hi Stan,
Outstanding vibrato feedback.
Her vibrato is natural, and she has not done any vocal training aside from high school music activities, from choir and others.
About 9 months ago, as Clarissa was finishing her Physical Therapy curriculum, she stayed in Corcorde, CA Air BNB, where the owners lived in a separate house, and the husband and wife A-BNB owners were both opera singers, and they practiced their vocal chords every single day religiously.
I do love Clarissa’s vibrato, a lot.
Thanks for the wonderful comments.
Rene

1 Like

yes the recording is nice and lush. I noticed the vocal positioning slightly to the left, not that it is any issue as is, but that got me wondering if a dynamic directional was used. She has some really nice natural midrange resonance. You may benefit with bringing the mic wee bit closer, or use a centering plugin in your vox bus.

1 Like

The ETL condenser mic needs to be a wee bit closer, I agree.
Thanks for the great feedback.
And the compliments are super nice.
Warm regards,
Rene and Clarissa

Wonderful job Clarissa. Great vocal control and vibrato.

I hope to hear more from you.

1 Like

Hi JayGee,
Thank you so much for your compliments.
Clarissa and I really appreciate you!!!
Warm regards,
Rene and Clarissa

Great reverb choice for her vocals! And you both did great. Another hit!!

1 Like

Hi holster,
Clarissa and I will have a few more recordings, and we love this huge compliment!!!
Thank you, my friend.
Warm regards,
Rene and Clarissa