Our tree house

Nobody guessed here on my recent challenge, so I just went on and laid down some tracks. As kids in the early sixties we built many camps and treehouses. I remember little things like making a small 16 inch door so parents couldn’t fit in. So many memories and as life is getting short, I realize that is all I have now.
My voice is raspy from these Texas allergens and sounds bad. I go back to my home in Michigan a week from next Monday where my voice should come back and then re-sing this especially the chorus. The harp fills get old, I know. I had a drum track but muted it in the end. the best to all of you.

Cleaned up some tick and lowered vox delay

I added two more chorus harmonies and a drum track for something to do :slight_smile:

Our tree house

There’s a place to go when I am weary… a place where no one knows G C
I’ve used it as a young boy…. in trouble I would go G C D
Not so fancy tough to use…. sorta hard to find C G
I never took my I-phone ….and always went alone F C G

You can guess my special place…you can look around C G D G chorus
Hidden from this crazy world where peace and calm are found C G D
Everyone should have a place like this when they feel down C G D G
I daydream bout my childhood friends…alone without a sound F C G

I can hear the laughter… I just felt a punch G C VERSE 2
My buddies chomping carrots…a chorus rising crunch G C D
Cattail fights and hide and seek…night fall curfew rings C G
We’ll meet again tomorrow… when morning birds first sing F C G

I know I can’t go back to them… they’ve all moved away G C VERSE 3
I’m glad I’ve not forgotten…those memories will stay G C D
Mixed emotions going back my mind feels warmth and pain C G
I’ve not had …one regret… I’d do it all again F C G

1 Like

Hey Paul, really sweet tune, vocals melodies are great, and they fit perfectly over some of those interesting chord progressions.
Could get really creative with all sorts of instrumentation on this out one to fill things out, but then again the stripped back version is pretty cool too. More vocal harmonies would be nice, but by the sounds the ol’ pipes aren’t feeling to good at the moment. Maybe when you’re feelin’ better.
I like how we get some drums in the last bar of the song too, haha.
Good stuff man.

1 Like

Hi Terry I was working on a rock song when I started daydreaming a few mornings ago and started on this track. Now that I fleshed it out, I will finish it in Michigan. Yes as you said, this is very stripped down to a fault now but easily enhanced. The chorus needs more lift and harmonies will help.
I took a bad fall and landed on my back. Got checked and have a broken rib. Deep inhaling ain’t working so good :slight_smile: thanks for listening
Now back to that rock song.

1 Like

Oh no, not good. I’ve done ribs a few times now and unfortunately they’re a bit of a slog as far as the healing process goes. Unfortuntely, be prepared to deal with the pain for a good 3 months.
Rest up man, take it easy.

1 Like

feaker,
Your song sounds very nice in every way! Get well soon!

1 Like