November songwriting challenge: Keep Your Hands Off (Bash this Demo)

as per this thread----> Anyone up for a November songwriting challenge?

Last week I was looking around for a weekly songwriting challenge and came across this post, so I gave it a go. I randomly picked a song title “Keep Your Hands Off”, and came up with this…

Keep Your Hands Off

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t5IQkLbe2tdoImMLrBSUbkVrziekUp4Z/view?usp=sharing

Chorus
Keep your hands off
Keep your hands off
Keep your hands off of me
Keep your hands off
Keep your hands off
Mr. Harvey Weinstein

You can hail a limousine
Putter on the green
Order up a fine French cuisine

You can sweep down a chimney
Crawl up Mt. McKinley
Just keep your hands off of me

chorus

You can carve a Christmas goose
Caress a Shiras moose
Grab the handles on a bright red caboose

You can hoist a sail at sea
Cut a slice of Brie
Just keep your hands off of me

chorus

I just want to make a scene on the silver screen
Not sticky stain on a casting couch

Solo

Keep your hands off
Keep your hands off
Keep your hands off of me
Keep your hands off
Keep your hands off
Just keep your hands off

1 Like

I find it interesting that misconduct is such a broad definition most of the accusing women of these people gave consent, and everyone’s treating it like rape. Also, these people didn’t have sex. Sure the dudes were in the wrong and abused their power, but some of these women are gold diggers. Or it is not even about money. They’re trying to destroy someone’s career forever because they jacked off in a plant. A bit extreme.

This is an interesting mix of elements though, I dig the song. Weinstein is a piece of shit, no debate there. Kind of an eccentric throwback rockability song. I like the track, maybe I don’t have a very popular opinion about the issue. I just think there should be evidence before people’s careers are destroyed. We’re just believing it all.

Thanks for the feedback :smiley:

Very handy song. I wish you add some more “smiling” in your vocal performance to really fit the song (some kinda ironic/funny). The solo could also be something totally off like someone faking to play guitar :blush:
By the way, very great idea and nicely written to me!

> I wish you add some more “smiling” in your vocal performance to really fit the song

Good suggestion

>the solo could also be something totally off like someone faking to play guitar :blush:

Another good suggestion

>By the way, very great idea and nicely written to me!

Thanks for the feedback :smiley:

1 Like