Not put a mix up for a while .War pigs mix

Let me know how you find it .Cheers

1 Like

Nice mix, Alan. Love the guitars.

The high-hat is a bit too loud and a bit shrill for my taste.

The balance of instruments is great. The vocals and one of the guitars is pretty shrill. Something in the EQ. It is uncomfortable to me.

Now, my disclaimer is that I’m listening on my laptop speakers. But it’s pretty shrill.

I’m thinking that outside of EQ, everything is pretty sweet. Very tight. I hear all instruments clearly. Yup. Just too harsh.

1 Like

Okay, update.

Alan, I just listened to this mix on my Senneiser HD600’s. On my headphones it is absolutely not too harsh. Not at all. So take my comments above as being about transferability. In fact, kind of weird, but on my 600’s the low end is quite strong.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to listen and the feedback.Glad you thought it was ok
I did have another play so posted up anyway.

Nice mix man !

On headphones the hihat is maybe panned a bit far to the right, but not sure on speakers. Too late here :smiley: But like the drums overal though !

1 Like

Cheers mate i appreciate the feedback and cheers for taking time to check it out

I like this mix. The voice sits nicely above the mix. The drums are nice and clear and natural sounding. I like the old sounding verb on the vocal too. Sounds like the singer is trying to sing it more like the Faith No More version, or maybe he just has that sound naturally. I love the Sabbath version…not crazy about the Faith No More version because it’s not as dark and doomy.

Good job on this recording!

1 Like

Thanks very much

1 Like

couldn’t decide what to do… as i had no idea where you were going with this… so i just did stuff to it to tidy it up. You may like it, or not…

1 Like

Sounds great mate

1 Like

no probs, I just kind of glued it all together a bit, feel free to add your own preferences of tone to it. I wasn’t really looking at much of that, as I recall. Just wanted some punch and coherency in the midrange, as its so cool and wild. :wink:

1 Like