No Time To Die (Bond 2021) - Mix Contest!

Video Preview
Vocals were recorded by @ManAbyss and his wife Christina Sakka.
What a wonderful experience indeed. It was a pleasure to work with such a great singer!
Thanks to everyone who had patience to watch over this production!

I am making the multitracks for this production available here:

4 Likes

Sounding really nice and I enjoyed the video!

Are those your own scenes that you captured on camera?

The only small nit I have is that the scenes with the singer feel like they project a very different mood than the scenes of the women with the big hat, the house and the pianist. The cinematic shots suited the music perfectly, though.

I’d expect that making the video and working on the music must have been fairly labour intensive. Very cool stuff !!

Thanks and I am glad you enjoyed the video!

i didnt record the footage in the video above, I edited them. The vocals were recorded by George and the video footage as well. He then shared it with me. We collaborated on the videos. It was sort of put together with videos from different times. The lady in the house is a friend of mine who shot the footage a while back which I was going to use for my instrumental version but ended up using it in the vocals instead.

this whole project took several months and was indeed a lot of work, on all fronts. I am low key sad that the project is near completion as it was a lot of fun but also relieved that we finally got here in the end and its a decent end product. Quite often such huge projects fall flat but it was great to see this through :slight_smile: from idea, to composition to mixing and video.

1 Like

Beautiful job with the sound here @FluteCafe ; I like the way the vocal holds its own against a big back up, great blend there.

The video is beautiful stuff too but I wonder if the continuity could be different somehow. You have sharp cuts between the three subjects so they don’t blend at all. If you could get rid of the microphone and do some soft fades or blends maybe? Just a thought.

1 Like

Great stuff

1 Like

Thanks! and yeah this is a rough draft. I need to do better crossfading and color matching between the shots.

I have only done color grading and noise removal for the most part.
This was recorded on cellphone camera or a tablet . Footage was pretty good already but needed a bit of work to look professional.

before

after

There is no option for a retake at this point, she is pretty busy and also a bit sick. Props to her for actually being up for this. I personally like the mic per say, simple and straightforward but what I could do is mult the footage, and mix in a zoomed angle in some parts. On a side note the footage isnt a zoom friendly resolution so before I do fancy things I would need to upscale it. Or I might just do the gentle crossfades and color temperature matching only.

Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

You clever little thing ,as they say .

1 Like

For anyone interested, there is a mix challenge/contest for this song over at the AMC (audiomixclub.center) - Ends Feb 28. There are some cool suprise prizes in the pool. Rob ( owner of AMC) really liked the song and wanted to put it out there. If anyone is interested.

side note, amc is a paid subscription of 10$ / month
if you just want to mix the song outside the mix contest, I will keep the multitracks available here ( see above) for an extended time but please dont share it outside IRD and amc. Thanks!
4 Likes