No Reply, Beatles 1964

“No Reply” is a song by the English rock band the Beatles from their 1964 album Beatles for Sale.
The lyrics typify Lennon’s more introspective and mature songwriting on the Beatles for Sale album.

Dedicated to all peoples that have nowhere to go, or no one to get support from.
Open your hearts and ears, there are still good people in this world!!!

Feedback is much appreciated.

3 Likes

Just sayin…I’m sitting here in my lazyboy with my Beatles t-shirt on. I love crazy coincidences like that. Yesterday (no pun there) we we celebrating my wife’s 72nd birthday in Red Lobster and “never my love” came over the PA system We both looked at each other…like WHAT??
Great job on this one. Sad, for as many times I have played it, I couldn’t remember the chords. I remember the Fmaj7 (I saw the light) but not that Em7??
I sang the harmony with you. It was a joy just like you

2 Likes

Hi @feaker ,
Pure joy, that’s what you are, and pls keep pouring it on all of us!!!
Pls extend my Happy and More Birthdays to your lovely partner and wife!!!
And that’s another plus for videos, you can actually see the chords I am using.
Thanks again, Paul!!!
With love and respect,
Rene

1 Like

I remember this one, great song! I tend to favor John’s songwriting over Paul’s, though I like both. Paul was more of the Pop song guy, fun and entertaining, but not as insightful as John.

The beige hat goes with your shirt, nice fashion statement. :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy Birthday to Roz!

Isn’t that the place with the cheddar biscuits? Oh, I loved those.

2 Likes

Thank you, Stan!
And love those biscuits as well.
Warm regards,
Rene

2 Likes

I hadn’t remembered this song Rene and enjoyed the listen. I’ve been watching the doco series ‘Get Back’ which is a great watch. The Beatles were amazingly talented and the songs are almost timeless. Nicely done.

2 Likes

Hi @Emma ,
Truly, a timeless song, and that is true with all Beatles songs.
I just love the Beatles, and their songs, and they are simply a group of geniuses.
I cannot believe that Sir Paul is already 80 years old.
We watched him in a concert about 10 years ago, ageless indeed!
Thank you, Emma!
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like

My son and I went to see Ringo about 10 years ago, and you want to talk about ageless! It was crazy how much energy that guy has! What a fun concert. Highly recommend.
Love this cover @ReneAsologuitar! It’s one of those that you don’t hear done as often. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a million, @holster !!!
There is simply so much incredible Beatles song, and I love 'em!
So glad to have your comments posted!!!
With love and respect,
Rene

2 Likes