Newly mixed Pop Punk song needs bashing

Hi Guys,

I’ve just finished mixing this pop punk tune from a local band. Please pardon the language as it was sung in a native language. How does everything sound on your speakers? tips to improve the mix is much and well appreciated. Thanks guys! You’re awesome!!!

2 Likes

Hey Brian - killer mix as usual!

One thing I noticed with the vocals… The main vocal sounds good, but when some of the harmonies come in, there is a really noticeable buildup happening around 440hz. It’s there during all the backing vocals, but really noticeable in that phrase from 51-53 seconds. I’d suggest poking around with some eq in those BVs and try to find the culprit.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Got my motor running this morning. Good sound for sure.

My ears aren’t as good as @ColdRoomStudio but listening on headphones (a pair I use to reference) I feel like the right guitar is louder. It’s definitely brighter and that could be the reason. Hope this helps.

I feel like as well as cleaning up the bgvs you could at a little more distortion/edge to the vocals (obviously the scream has plenty of edge). I am not positive about this but that was my reaction. Sounding good.

Hey Brian, this is a really good sounding mix to me. Love the drum sound. Nice smack on that snare and the verb is just perfect. The lead vocal seems tucked in at a pretty good level too for this style. It seems a bit mid-range heavy though. The guitars and vocals seem to be fighting for the same space which could probably be cleaned up with a couple of EQ moves. Overall, it sounds pretty darn good.

Hey, very punchy song and mix, very spot on to me.
I really enjoyed that and I share thoughts from previous comments.
What I could say about BV is I found them way too roomy (like it was micked way to far from people) and singers are not that synced…

By the way, very fun song!!