New tune "jump on a daydream" looking for any comments

I am only a few days out of carpal tunnel surgery, but I can still strum with my thumb.
I have so many questions. About the universe. About God. I sorta put my thoughts in this track. post comment Just one of those tracks that has no value

1 Like

Ouch! Carpal tunnel - My wife had that done some years ago - hope it heals up soon for you and solves the issue.

No one does whimsy like you, Paul! Not sure if it should be any faster - it kind of suits the material at the speed it is. Some atmospheric, spacy sounding synths might work in this context.

Always great to hear your endless creativity and curiosity. Never lose that!

1 Like

feaker,
I think your song sounds nice. I hope you get well soon. For some reason, it is important to have faith in things unseen (I feel I only partially understand why). I know someone that was visited by Jesus; it helped that person through a very difficult trial. But did it motivate that person to better follow God? I doubt that it did significantly. If the atheists are correct, when we die, we cease to exist. Though it is my belief that near death experiences are proof that there is an afterlife. I have known several people that have had near death experiences. I have watched videos and read books on the topic. If you want to discuss that more, send me a private message.

1 Like

just wanted to add my 2 cents to this and hopefully meander back to the musical theme. That statement violates the very first rule of science. Nothing can be destroyed completely. It merely
changes forms :slight_smile:

Scientifically, we cannot simply cease to exist. We just don’t understand it yet. Whether it is an ‘afterlife’ is simply a guess. But it is very possible that our energy and vibrations exist in some organized form.

Quantum Flux is a hypothetical possibility of a real life organized “Cloud Storage” for the universe, where no data is truly destroyed. The real question is, who is storing it all and who will eventually access it, and for what reason… lol

With that said, beautiful composition and thought provoking. Lovely little guitar lick at 1:38

As for ideas for the song dragging, maybe a key change chorus? to add a little lift

Flute Cafe,
I am not an atheist, so I am not speaking for all atheists. After a quick google search, I found this: “According to a 2021 Pew Research Center survey, 3% of atheists in the United States believe in heaven.” Which makes me wonder what percentage of atheists believe in hell. Solids, liquids and gases leave our body every day. Do those molecules live on as us, or just get recycled for something else? If a body is cremated, does the smoke and ash live on as human? It is my belief that the soul or spirit of a human cannot be destroyed, and is separate from the mortal world that we know.

1 Like

The closest scientifically recognized term for soul is consciousness (Conscious Observer is a common term used in scientific observations).

“God” is a term a scientist acknowledges as akin to that "there is more to learn’. A true scientist does not live in binary belief system “either this or that”. A true scientist is always open to the possibility of further knowledge.

Since science currently does not understand ‘consciousness’, we have to look towards faith or speculations for that answer :slight_smile:

When a body is cremated, there are several reactions taking place where energy is changing forms and matter is changing states. However there is no trace of where the consciousness goes. The closest science has come is that consciousness may not even originate from the body or brain at all and may be present at a universal level, inherited by beings temporarily.

@feaker put the song back :beerbanger:

Or maybe it’s just an illusion like time.

1 Like

Came to listen to “Jump on a daydream”, only to discover there’s nothing here.
Anyway man, hopefully the rehab is coming along nicely. You’ll be a new man once things start healing up. Good luck.

1 Like