New song to review (will return the favor) as of August 26th!

I put a new song in my music website called “Strange Without You”. Please tell me how you like the song and how it can be improved, and I can return the favor if you wish (leave me a link). The song is at the top of this link:

Hi aaron. Intro a little long for me. Vocals have to be tuned especially early on. They get much better as the song music moves on. Like the movement of the ear to ear:) Seems like in spots the vocal could do some double speed to break it up a little. Kinda robotic? Also like to hear more of a story instead of mostly the instrumental stuff. Got some great effects goin on in here. Love the next one’s vibe who’s tryin to save me. ha ha Take care

I think the snare is a bit hot in relation to the vocal. You may want to add some automation on the vocal to make sure nothing in the phrases get buried at the beginning and endings of different lines. Try to automate in a way that makes all parts of the vocal audible at any given time, but never so much that it starts to sound unnatural.

feaker,
Thank you for listening and for the reviews! I agree the vocals are the weakest part of the song. Though because the song is all synths, I don’t mind that the vocals are a bit robotic. I will now see if I can find your music…done!

Jonathan,
I appreciate that you listened and reviewed my song! I actually purposely pulled back the volume on some of the vocals because those vocals were a bit marginal. I will now seek out your music.