New song for bashing... Explicit!

I’ve got a new song for bashing that me and my bass player/cowriter are working on. Tell me whats wrong with it. Thanks :grin:

Rich Man’s Blues3.mp3 (5.6 MB)

Well, first of all, you have to cut him out of the cash flow. Just out of principle. But for the recording, I’d cut back the volume, it’s a little too limited for my tastes, and the chorus is too loud compared to the verses. At least it comes in too loud. I can understand wanting it to stick out, but the effect is jarring here. Also, I’d tag it “explicit” in case some of the kiddos that runaround here hear the f-bomb. The bass guitar also sounds kinda distorted, too much so. I’d like to hear it fill out the lowend, but right now it’s fighting with the guitars, which are also really distorted, but that fits the style of the song. BOOM!

1 Like

Thanks, I can limit it less and work on making the choruses less loud. Sorry about the f bombs. The distorted bass was intentional, but I just have it distorting in parallel so I can pull that distortion down. Thanks again, great ideas.

Oh, I love it. I am probably the most vulgar guy on here. I’m just getting to you before Bryan turns into “hulk smash the vulgarian”. If you want to have some real fun, join the tour bus group. It’s a hidden category of the site where all the perverts hang out that no one else can see. PM me and I’ll send you a link.

1 Like

Can elderly people enjoy this song. Yes they can…ha ha. I don’t find the vocal offending, because I can’t hear the words. Like the feel, the guitar riff, the drums etc. Had to do a little ho hum at the one minute mark for about 20 seconds. The guitar followed the feel, but I would have like a powerful bending sustained lead there to break it up a bit. Just keep in mind I don’t know shit

Sincerely

Paul

2 Likes

Maybe I should rethink that lead, I just threw that in to break things up a bit. I’m not much of a lead player though. Or a rhythm player or singer, or anything lol. I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

That was just a knee jerk reaction. Wait till others chirp for a more reliable source :slight_smile:

Sincerely

Paul