New original instrumental…Wanted

I had fun with this one and thought I’d share. Simple chord structure but I enjoyed complicating things up with a few layers of guitar.

Always trying to get my drum recording up to par. I added a light reverb to the overheads. Happy with how soft the hi hats were and how clear the other cymbals came through. A quick fade out (read cop out) at the end! The tune is called: Wanted

2 Likes

Sounds tight as hell, loving that guitar the comes in around 0:15, what is that, tapping, legato?? Drums sound super clean, although I thought a few of the snare hits were getting a bit buried from time to time. Not sure if they need more level, but maybe carving out a bit more space in the bass and guitars might help. A ducked sidechain eq or something maybe idk?
Feels like somewhat of a tease, would be worth expanding upon and turning into a full composition.
Nice work.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks. I know what you’re saying about the snare. Just my sloppy inconsistent drumming. I compress pretty hard to try to even things out and make it punch through. I don’t know anything about side chaining other than I’ve heard the term before. I’ll look into it.

The one guitar is tapping with a lot of pull-offs. I love doing that with a clean guitar. Sounds so smooth. I played the exact same part twice and panned them about 10 L and 10 R to give it some fullness while keeping it fairly front and center.

I really like your recent tune. You have a great voice. I play guitar and bass well, drums ok, and singing is tolerable. Let me know if you ever want to collaborate on a project. I’m always up for a challenge and trying something new!

Man, I wish I had pipes that good, that’s not me singing bro. Check my reply within the Dark Matter post. I can definitely get you in contact with him.

1 Like

I agree! I was digging this!

1 Like

Really cool, catchy piece - nice!

1 Like