New music to review (will return the favor) as of July 26th!

I put 2 new songs in my music website: “Who’s Tryin’ to Save Me” is the song on top, and “Come Around” is the next song down. Please tell me how you like the music and how it can be improved, and I can return the favor if you wish (leave me a link). Here is my link:

Hi there. Like the vibe a lot, but couldn’t make out the lyrics. Like the back and forth from ear to ear. Sounds like a detective or suspense type song for a movie to me. Lots of very pleasing elements in here for sure. I din not get bored for sure. ha ha Love your “sounds” I poste a song called homeless but haven’t finished it yet. Don’t go there until I get back and finish it. Been on vacation. Keep em commin

feaker,
Thank you for listening and commenting, I appreciate it! I will honor your request to check out your song when it is finished. It would be best if you send me a message when your song is finished, otherwise I might forget. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, I’m a bit late for reviewing songs but why not…

• Who’s Tryin’ to Save Me:
    from what I listened to, I found the writing very catchy since there is a lot of things at every moment and it’s not too loopy .
    Stereo-wise, it’s very spot on to me and I really like how things could go from side to side, it creates a nice space where everything gets it own space with room around.
    Mixing-wise, I found it a bit unbalanced because low end comes from parts that are not supposed to. I was thinking it should come from kick and bass… :confused:
    I also found that some parts really jump out of the mix and I felt a bit uncomfortable during the song because I should twist my volume knob while listening…

• Come Around:
    Wow, very bold song with some very strong parts coming above the mix (lead vocal), it keeps the listener awake during the song!
    But I felt very mixed with since I don’t really know what to think about: I couldn’t understand what the song supposed to mean and so I felt difficult to enter the song and appreciate it…
    The first thing that really kicks me out is the sound choice since it reminds me of some old Roland sound modules with poor quality and only one sample for each instrument and drum part.
    The vocal stands way louder of the rest of the song and it fells disconnected from the loop behind…

So here are some comments from what I heard, maybe I’m completely out of the meaning of the song and I only wrote total non-sense regarding your songs.
By the way, very bold work, indeed!

ncls,
Thank you for the reviews! You are correct, “Come Around” uses a vintage Roland sound module. I will see if I can find any more music of yours…well, I went back 2 1/2 years and found no more threads that you started. If you want me to review more of your music, leave me a link.