New FytaKyte Release

I totally agree with that statement @ColdRoomStudio! I would love for @ptalbot to drop some tunes in here too :beerbanger:

1 Like

This is incredible, perfect recording. This is a masterpiece.

1 Like

Andrew, who is on the drum set?

1 Like

Wow! Thank you, gad you like it!

A online session guy from Canada by the name of Jordan McQueen… he’s great!

Rock solid. Loved the guitar scenes. Being that it was already mastered, I was hoping there weren’t any mutt spots. There were none. That three note bass part, as simple as it is, really cements this together. I have lost interest for recording as of late. Hope it will return. So happy for you. Crossin my fingers this will do well.

2 Likes

It happens from time to time… I’m not a believer in forcing the muse… just let it happen… true creatives like yourself will eventually be bursting with ideas that you can’t keep in - I’m sure you’ll be jonesing to record again soon!

Haha, well the stark reality is that, since it’s release since August last year, it grossed an amazing $0.40 in revenue across all streaming platforms, and the video has had a world-shattering 269 views! Grammys, here we come! :rofl:

1 Like

You do great stuff and I know for you deep down that’s enough. We all would quit doing this if reality was an issue. We pretty much have to do it whether we want to or not.
I went to see Greg Koch last night. World class guitarist with a big YouTube presence. Also a huge personality. 75 people showed up.
We are all salmon swimming upstream towards the bears.
What gives you more joy than swimming?

1 Like

Oh shit brother, that’s fucking dope. I guess if I lurked a little more I’d realize you had a musical side-hustle going on putting out the tasty jams.
Just grabbed a copy of ‘Meandersaur’, gonna go have a listening sesh in a bit.
Little ripper.

1 Like

Wow, thanks so much, mate! I really appreciate the support!

1 Like

I remember this song from a little while back, Andrew, and it is quite well crafted and very catchy. I was impressed with the video as well, showing off your prowesses. The lyrics one was handy as I honestly wasn’t understanding all the words with you Aussie accent, dude! Not enough to not follow the story, but I have a poor reputation for understanding lyrics of even famous songs I’ve heard for 50 years. And the irony is I am a heavy lyricist and guilty of releasing many a song with unclear diction.

I must commend your hard work getting the song out on platforms and hope it gets some attention.

Promoting music is not fun to me either. I thank you, Ingo, for getting a number of our songs copyrighted, and I am inspired to expand on that but am managing to be very slow about it.

But I have been investigating selling my libraries as stock music for film or commercials, and the trick to that is one has to make a spreadsheet/database of all your music so people can search for it in a common filtered manner to match a song with a particular kind of scene. What is difficult is conveying in words, in key words, the essence of the music, in such a way it might pop up and strike people as something they might want to use. It seems like a sellout strategy, as opposed as a band strategy, and it is most likely one might earn tops $500/month doing this, with no sacrifice of ownership as one is selling the use. That is like a part time internet business, so not like Springsteen selling his entire catalog for $400M!

So has anyone ever done this here? I think I will try it for several reasons-

1- I need to catalog my music anyway, not just a list but a detailed and useful spreadsheet.
2- I can bequeath said database of music to my heirs. I might be worth a lot more once I’m dead!
3- I might actually see some of my music used in media before I die.
4- I would be thrilled to earn $500/month for myself and my collaborators for doing almost nothing.

I’d add this in Patrick’s thread, but it’s not quite about that either.

1 Like

Always happy to support good local artists and music.
Keep up the good work.

you don’t need YT views to win a Grammy. You just have to join the academy, and submit your work! (Once you get through all the internal politics :rofl:)

I have one friend who has won a Grammy in instrumental music, and one friend who got very close to winning it in Jazz genre. You have to find your niche and put the system to work. It is not impossible for an indie musician, but my sarcasm radar tells me Grammy isnt on your bucket list.

but…I have been considering joining the academy for a few years. If I ever make it past the screening process of becoming a voting member, I will be sure to vote for your work if submitted! lol

2 Likes

Sarcasm?!?! Who? Me? :wink:

2 Likes