New Cabinet Simulator From Melda

Melda Production has just come out with a cabinet simulator that looks pretty interesting.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MCabinet

Introductory price is 49 Euros.

• If you’re new to Melda, you can get 20% off any purchase using my referral code “MELDA2490257”.
  • Last year he was giving a 20 Euro credit for signing up for the newsletter too!

Here is Chandler Guitar’s walk through. At about 10 minutes in he starts going over the controls…

1 Like

Bump. To celebrate 10 years, everything is 50% off for the next 10 days at Melda, including the new MCabinet above!

https://www.meldaproduction.com/

1 Like

Turns out I had a $20 credit from previous purchases so I just got the MCabinet for $5! Whee!

1 Like

Sweet deal! You’ll have to let us know how you like it and what you do with it. From what I can tell it lets you use/create/tweak IRs to create a cabinet sim? As with all things Melda, there’s a learning curve. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You can do the exact same thing for free with pretty much any IR loader and parametric EQ.

Maybe, but for $5 I’ll give it a whirl to see if there’s anything more to it.

In case you haven’t seen 'em, here are a couple of Chandler vids:

1 Like

I watched the 3rd one earlier today… definitely looks interesting! I’ll see if I can get some play time in with it this weekend

If the Melda one can help with workflow, that would probably be its greatest benefit. On the side-topic of putting a free one together, you can use ReaVerb. The Poulin is still free IIRC, and if you happen to already have some specific guitar cab impulses on hand you’re in business. So there’s potentially a learning curve either way. Name your poison. :wink:

ReaperBlog tutorial for using ReaVerb as a guitar cab:

Those Poulin sims are sooooo good. It’s kind of a crime that the guy just seemed to disappear and stop doing amp modelling.

1 Like

It’s sort of one of the major downsides to the synthedit/flowstone model. They are great ways of prototyping and coming up with ideas because you can make pretty much anything without in depth knowledge of dsp. This made it so people with good ideas could make their good ideas.

But when the world moves on, and the platform you know doesn’t, or is unreliable or disappears, you are kind of stuck. The options are to learn how to create your plugins in C++, which takes a lot of time to learn, or hire someone that can do it. Or, more commonly, just go do something else.

1 Like

I’ve never thought of it from that perspective… mostly because I’m completely ignorant when it comes to the dev side of things!