New Audio Mixing Site

Hey guys and gals,

I wanted to give you a heads up on a new site called the Audio Mix Club that opened up recently. It’s sort of like the “bashing” section of this site but it’s geared more towards mixing skills and you’re mixing someone else tracks. …like many of us have done here with the Cambridge Multi-Tracks.

Speaking of which, Mike Senior of the Cambridge Multi-Track site summed it up pretty well in his latest newsletter:

I’ve recently come across a new mixing community you might want to check out, run by site supporter Rob Morgan: https://audiomixclub.com/

Not only are there regular mix-offs, friendly mix-duels, and competitions, but Rob and other community members are incorporating loads of dedicated mixing content into their discussion environment: tutorials, mix walkthroughs, and so on. I’m actually talking about maybe getting involved with some kind of mix contest over there at some point too, so stay tuned for news of that…

One unique feature (I think) is the “Mix Audition”. An artist has the group mix their song, then goes through and picks his favorite. The winner gets the mixing job and $200.

You can check it out here: https://audiomixclub.com/

It is a pay site, but it is currently only $10/month or $99/year.

If you have some extra time on your hands, check it out. I’ve been thoroughly enjoying it! :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is a great idea. It engages the most essential aspect of mixing - accountability to the artist.

IMO, a lot of people who are charging around the interweb furiously mixing 1000s of songs from available mutitrack projects rarely get past the “good rough mix” stage, simply because they’ve never been accountable to an artist in “getting a mix across the finish line”.

As they say, “The devil is in the details”, and never is that truism more relevant than in mixing a song for an artist.

1 Like

Cool! Thanks for posting! Just signed up :smiley:

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree! It’s a brilliant idea! For my part, I’ve never had a “client”. And doing a mix knowing you might have a potential client listening to your mix puts a whole new perspective on it. Plus, it’s a chance to get a client without having to go drum up potential clients yourself.

Then, on the flip side, if you’re an artist and are able to get your song in the queue, you’ll have a whole range of mixes/engineers to choose from. Really very clever! :+1:

1 Like

hmm looks interesting

1 Like

Ditto. Mike put me onto AMC just before it opened in February. Loving it. A lot of talented people over there, and very much a “community” feel, similar to IRD.

Good stuff.

1 Like