Never My Love, The Association 1967

“Never My Love” is a pop standard written by American siblings Don and Dick Addrisi, and best known from a hit 1967 recording by The Association. The Addrisi Brothers had two Top 40 hits as recording artists, but their biggest success as songwriters was “Never My Love”. Recorded by dozens of notable artists in the decades since, in 1999 the music publishing rights organization Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) announced it was the second most-played song on radio and television of the 20th century in the U.S.

This song is dedicated to my sister Jocelyn Abadesco Ilagan.
Never, My Love, will I ever get tired of your ways, of your care, of your tenderness. This love of mine for you, dear sister, will never end!
I love you!!!

This song is also dedicated to Paul aka feaker, from this forum, who asked me to sing this beautiful song. What a lovely song!!! Thank you, Paul!!!

1 Like

I am in total shock Rene. I asked you at six o’clock this morning if you had ever considered playing that song and wham you kicked it out there the same day. amazing :slight_smile:
My wife and I eloped in 1969 and I played this song for her at the small ceremony (four of us)
That is “our song” I play in most days. Your rendition and feeling brought a tear to my eye. You just got a huge “wow” from my lifetime wife.
You are so much the real deal. Just don’t forget us little people when you hit the big time.
I picture you playing this on a dark stage with the spotlight just on you. Then when the “never my love” hits, spot lights hit the background harmony singers.
Thank you so much

1 Like

Hi feaker,
I am so happy to hear your response.
I knew you were going to be surprised, and I loved it!!!
Pls give your “lifetime wife” a big hug for me, and tell her that I really appreciate her “wow”!!!
I am loving your dark stage with spotlight comments - truly a dream!!!
Hey, we are allowed to dream!!!
Thank you Paul!!!
Rene

1 Like