My own, mix

Come together ok i think

Hmm, I don’t really know what to think about this mix because I don’t really what the song is supposed to be…
It’s a bit boring and very things happen during the song.

Mixing-wise, I may wish a stronger kick drum to create a bit of contrast but I feel a bit disappointed about the song itself.

By the way, it’s a pretty solid mix to me!

1 Like

I’m listening through my laptop speakers.

I would prefer the lead rap/ vocal to be more present, to cut through the mix better. The piano-keys seem to bury the lead rap/ vocal.

The song itself is very repetitious and could probably be shortened. By the time I got near the end of the song, the piano part was driving me crazy ! :rofl: It might be beneficial to the song if you could drop the piano in spots where it’s been continuing too long. Maybe replace it with another instrument or cut most/ or all of the other instrumentation. Any kind of change would be good.

Overall, I think the mix is decent. The biggest problem is how repetitious the song is. As the mixing engineer your biggest challenge in this song will be reducing that feeling of repetition. Then again, I’m not very well-versed in this style of music, so I’m not the best judge of this.

1 Like