My Mix For Hofa Contest

Here guy/gals, here’s another mix I’ve been working on for the Hofa Mix Contest. Any sort of input would be much appreciated!

@Jonathan - You had asked if I was going mix it - for better or worse, here it is. I’d love to get some input! Were you going to mix this one?

To me it is sounding good. I just find that you are ducking the instruments too much when she is singing the first 2 verses and the last one as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the listen Eric. Are you going to enter this contest as well?

I was considering it but i just don’t have the time. i really need to get working on this project for a client.

Didn’t know of no mix contest? ha ha Like her voice. You know I can’t mix so I will follow this to see what the big guys say. Might be the mids are a little low. who knows :slight_smile: Happy new year to you and yours

Thanks Paul, yeah I posted it in a thread somewhere… here’s a link to the website.

Ya’ll have a great year yerselves! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

miked,
Thank you for the recent review! Now your mix: Not the type of music I usually listen to, but it all sounds very good and professional. Sounds rather 60’s. Nice brass section. After 2 1/2 years of German in school, I understand a few of the words: she is an excellent singer. I can’t find anything to gripe about with the mix, it all sounds very good to me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry I missed this the first time around Mike, probably too late now but anyway I think you’ve done well with this mix, it sounds great. I would have featured the drums a bit more but that’s just a preference, good work!

1 Like