My First New Original for a While

Wow, I am honored! And not a bad achievement given that I have no children! What can I say, it’s a gift. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Looks like it’s all been said, so I’ll just say that was a pleasure to listen to.

1 Like

Thanks for listening and commenting, DeeLee!

Nice groove, !!!
Killer lyrics… !!!
I agree not traditional changes, but man, I really like it…
Refreshing :smiley:

Thanks Mate - glad you like it!

Really nice song !
Begins like classic country stuff, but at the start of the chorus, some Helmet sounding atmosphere !
Cool blend.
Seriously everything is really nice IMO, except for the drums, maybe a bit too gentle !
Would have like more low on toms and kick ! (snare is near perfect)
David

1 Like

Listening again to your new version. Sounds great again. I just noticed how monstrous that kick is and how fitting it is to this song (toms are pretty big too!). Ballsy, I’d say! Love it.
One of your best tune, which is saying something. :beerbang:

1 Like

Yeah, the more I listen to this song, the more I like it.
You make Australia great again! :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks David - I like that description! Some say “Alice In Chains” when they hear the chorus, but I’m happy with Helmet too!

Thanks Pat - that means a lot to me coming from you!

Only noticed this now - it’s frickin’ brilliant mate!

Great song and fantastic mix. Love the riff and great vox too.

Wow, it’s superb really - IMO this is about as good as it gets on these forums.

Wonderful job - especially on the acoustic and drums by the way!

2 Likes

Sounds damn great to me!!!

1 Like

Wow, thanks FD! :blush:

Thanks Hugo! …and a very warm welcome to IRD!

Yeah, Hugo! Good to see you here!

This song is just awesome!!! I do feel the drums kinda burried somehow. Besides that, great job man!!!

Thanks Oz - glad you like the song… do you mean the drums are not Loud enough?

I like the second mix, the snare is clearer but there’s something about the toms and kick. I feel them, hear them, but still don’t feel them… Don’t know how to explain it. :sweat_smile: Maybe some ny comp or a little verb on the a bus track, i dunno… Just a personal thing, The song is and sounds awesome anyways!

New guy here just poking around and ran across this thread. Great tune! Nice vocals, killer groove and great solo! Your FX chain on the VOX is spot on. Love the “Madman Across The Water” reverb thing around 2:44 too. Superbly mixed and balanced to my ears .

1 Like

I don’t want to pick, 'cause this is better then what I have done…But I’m with Reworks comment in that the song seems to be lacking something when the it transitions away from the original tougher sounding verse. For me, I’d like more power in the choruses. And as Chordwainer suggested the arrangement seems a bit awkward. However, I like the song and the recording. Like I said, I don’t think I’ve done anything better…just trying to be objective. By all means, don’t let these comments get you done. I was only looking for something to comment on that struck me. Peace

1 Like

Love mix 2! Great job all around. Peace.

1 Like