My entry of waste land

Thank you very much for the listen.

Reverb a little wetter than I like but I really enjoyed this one.

1 Like

Nothing to add that hasnā€™t been mentioned.
I agree that less reverb on lead vox could have worked better.
I quite like the weight of the kick. Fills the lack of low end.

great job overall!

1 Like

I like this mix, very pleasant and the vocals take center stage where they should be. I do think the snare is EQā€™d in a way that makes it seem buried beneath the vocals, it doesnā€™t really stand out and sometimes itā€™s nearly inaudible. Iā€™d have reworked than PURPLE T. I think the piano is too loud compared to the other instruments as well, itā€™s almost on the same level as the vocals, and theyā€™re fighting for the same frequency space. Carve some more holes, and this fuckinā€™ thing would be on its way to perfection.

1 Like

Cheers,yeah the piano was pretty loud to stand up more than the guitars to fill it all out a bit.

1 Like

You are such a fucking genius. I cry when I read your posts because Iā€™m just so moved.

1 Like

heard once more on old Samsung Earbuds (terrible ones) - previous pass was on AV40s (Treated room)

Mix translated well on the earbuds. Not much to add that hasnt already been mentioned.

A simple suggestion I would make is to crop/fade the phrase ending consonants at times, specially if harmony vocals and main vocals have different emphasis on the ending consonants, it gets a bit distracting on headphones because of the stereo width. Example is 0:55s and 1:11 , quick and simple polish :slight_smile:

Other than that, no peaks, no crackles on the earbuds, nicely translated. Smooth!

1 Like