Moonshadow, Cat Stevens 1970

“Moonshadow” is a song written and performed by Cat Stevens (known since 1978 as Yusuf Islam), first released as a single in the UK in 1970 on the Island label and in the US in 1971 on the A&M label. It also appears on Stevens’ 1971 album Teaser and the Firecat.

Shadows of darkness and fear better not follow us in 2023!!!
Dedicated to all peoples reaching out for hope and brighter tomorrow!!!
Love conquers all, choose love always!!!

2 Likes

Smooth chord changes my friend. Ya done it well. Cat had a bunch of great songs. Odd first name???The nice this is that you play them for anyone YOUNGER, they would have never had heard them and would find them fresh and fun. Some home grown percussion would be a great adddition.
I just got to Texas and haven’t set up my temp studio yet. Too pooped. Drove 1100 miles the first day.
peace love and acoustic magic

1 Like

Welcome back home, Paul!!!
Probably better than flying through all the nightmare cancellations.
Cat Stevens is an all time fav artist, and love his songs, just like James Taylor.
Get back to normal steps, and finish your “temp studio”.
Always great to hear from you, my friend!!!
Stay safe and keep healthy!
Rene

1 Like

I’d love to listen, but when I click on it the YouTube link it turns black. Do you have a link that just goes to your YouTube page? Or just post the track file? Looking forward to hearing it!

1 Like

Hi @flyguitarfish ,
Thank you for the listen-attempt.
I really appreciate your support.
I noticed that if you click on the “Play” button, sometimes, it does not get you to the video.
But if you click on the “Title” on the top left corner of the page, you can get to the video ok.
If you are still have trouble, then you can go to my YouTube page:

I think you can get to the video ok, now.
Thank you again for reaching out.
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like

Thanks! This sounds great! I love the tone of your voice. What’s your recording setup?

2 Likes

Hi @flyguitarfish ,
Thank you for the great feedback!!!
Love the comment, especially the tone.

Here is my set-up:
2 mics; Shure SM-58 (guitar), and Ear Trumpet Labs “Edwina” (vocals)
INTO - Yamaha MG10FX Mixer (I am using room reverb #6)
INTO - UAD Volt 2/76 Audio Interface (love the built-in compressor and vintage mic preamp)
INTO - IMAC, I am using Quick Time Player recording a movie
Thanks for asking.
Rene

1 Like