Metaltyme, signing in here for the 1st time. RR 'certified badass' alert

Greetings All,

I have been away from RR.com for a long time. Obviously, it’s been so long even, that I hadn’t the slightest knowledge of its end. Stumbling here, I thought I’d give this place a whirl. So see you around!

Best Regards,

Metaltyme

3 Likes

Good to have you here!
Many,…maybe most of us are ex-RR members.

Lots of metalheads here. I’m assuming you’re a “metal guy” because of your user name…Or maybe you’re a welder?:thinking:

1 Like

Hey there Metaltyme - Welcome!
Quite a few RR Refugees hanging around here…
:beerbanger:

1 Like

What’s up, spicy beans? That’s a handsome M avatar. Is that what you look like in person? Welcome to indie recording depot, where happiness is just a simple click away. Good to see you, String Bean Curry. Bryan may be head hancho, but I’ve got some push and pull on this site because @bozmillar and I are currently involved in the Cayman Islands. We’ll all be wearing gold-plated diapers when this is over.

Oh, and Boz, if you’re reading this, I was able to get the iLok out. I simply used compressed air. Caused another major problem, but you gotta do it one step at a time, right?

Send him my way @wicked. You know I like the obscure metal shit!

2 Likes

Dude! Great to see you back around! How’ve you been?

1 Like

I’ve been good. Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

I am a metalhead…yes. But, I absolutely appreciate and enjoy the lighter side of things too.

1 Like

Hi CJ - Welcome (back) mate! - (Ex fH fH here)

1 Like

What’s an “(Ex fH fH here”?
Or is that something I SHD know?

It is a misnomer. You see, Andrew and CJ were plumbers together. They started off fixing faucets. Unfortunately neither of them were sure how to spell faucet, thinking it was spelled “fahcet”. As a result, they named their company “fH fH”. They eventually quit because they were sued for predatory loan practices in their pricing plan.

3 Likes

ROFLmao

1 Like

It refers to my former recordingreview.com handle, which was “fHumble fHingaz”

2 Likes

Aye up dude!
I remember you well matey :+1:
All the best. You’ve not missed much dont worry. Think we’re due a contest soon though :hugs:

1 Like

So, what’ve you been doing musically lately @Metaltyme? I’d love to hear some recent work!!

1 Like

HI Glad you are here. Hope to hear some new stuff.

Sincerely

Paul

1 Like

Hello again friends! Thanks kindly for the w— welcomes. I remember some of you as well still…quite well! It’s good to see you again.

Recent work? Hmm…I often bust out some metal-type stuff. But lately, I’ve been a little experimental. Actually, the most recent thing I’ve worked on is a love song, believe it or not. You’ll hear it here first. I’m quite proud of it actually, though it is indeed a work in progress. I’ve written lyrics for it (in dedication to my special lady), and I’ve rehearsed and worked out a set vocal melody. Its current iteration is the music tracked before I ‘go in hard’ on the vocal tracking.

Let’s see if I can figure out how to upload what I have so far…

2 Likes

I always and sincerely appreciated your remarks and general disposition fhumble. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m anxious to hear the vocals for this! currently, I’m hearing a bit of PF “wish you were here” in this progression :beerbanger:

I really like the keys that come into this too!!

1 Like

Wow This is awesome. Even without lyrics it is very powerful. Love all those minor chords. I don’t know much about mixing, but hose drums felt like they were inside my head. (cans only) If that makes any sense. Very moving for sure. A tad long. ha ha Can’t wait to hear the lyrics/melody line.

Sincerely

Paul

1 Like

Was substantially influenced by PF for sure!

1 Like