ManAbyss - Wasteland mix

I’ll try (veeery hard) to take that as a compliment! haha

I would rather listen to this five times in a row than wipe with sandpaper after having Soy Sauce do karate on my colon. Is that better?

OMG… I’m sorry I said anything… :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Nice solid mix on laptop speakers .Kept my interest.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

There are a lot of nice things going on in your mix. I can hear you put time into adding the parts and also the sounds. Nice delay throws and also how you went into some of the different sections. Small nitpicks bass is a little loud at times, tuning of the lead section parts, that glitch track is to loud I’m not sure why a lot of mixes had it up maybe I’m missing something?

This is one of top mixes I’ve heard ,Great job!

Very solid mix overall.

Plus side:

One of the smoothest sounding vocals overall.
Interesting additions. Like the bass adds overall.
Good depth created in the soundfield.
Good fidelity top to bottom without being too focused in the midrange.
Some cool echo effects added.
Strings were tastefully added.

Minus side:

With that type of bass part, I think it may have been better choice to bring it when the drums kick in (second verse, I think it is.) It seems a bit awkward in the first chorus.
I would prefer the guitar parts to be brought out more.
Low end was could have been more full to support the solo section.

Very good mix on the whole.

1 Like

Nice and warm mix!!! Really like the strings. Makes the song feels happy despite the sad content!

1 Like

It’s a very nice and warm mix, as Aaron Narace stated! I liked it a lot! Loved her voice! Congratulations ManAbyss!

1 Like

heard once more on old Samsung Earbuds (terrible ones) - previous pass was on AV40s (Treated room)

Mix translated well on the earbuds. No major problem areas surfaced.

cymbal at 2:48 that is timed with the word “need” was a bit extra harsh on the earbuds
Maybe turn that cymbal hit down just a wee bit or make it a bit distant (low pass)

Nothing else stood out that hasn’t been discussed already.

On the earbuds, Your mix had a Clapton “Wonderful tonight” vibe to it, very pleasant to hear and left me feeling elated and soothed in a way.

great mix!

1 Like

Very strong and bold mix at the same time!
I would agree comments saying you did something very balance, spot on and very tasteful.

So that I don’t have many things to add.
On most of things, I would copy @Moa22 on many points.
The only little thing I could add is I wish the bass playing a bit less and I would remove a bit of high end to avoid catching the focus on some moments.

Top job to me, congrats!!

1 Like

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment!
I’m very glad you liked it!
It’s really encouraging to see that all the time I spend in my home studio, struggling with that thing called mixing, have finally led to something good! :blush:

Oh really? I think it’s not your first mix and you would kill other songs before that one. Again, tasteful mix. But taste comes with experience and it sounds that you had a lot!
Next contests will be fun with you onboard :smiley:

1 Like