Low end attack

Been trying to upload some newest track and get feedback regarding low en approach,as its always been a issue for me.Had some internet problems for the last week(shitty provider) and only just had a chance to upload as of today,Let me know what you think.Also have lyrics but,im not the greatest singer/song writer,hence prefer instrumentals :slight_smile:

CHeers

???

Sorry, its too messy to know where the problems are coming from.

Can you bounce your all drums stem, and your bass stem, then everything else, WITH the 2 bus processing on? Post them separate and lets see if we can help you balance.

I get that youā€™re going for a really rowdy over-the-top chaotic energy. Thats cool. Canā€™t tell whats cluttering up the low end. The mix is heavily mashed in the mids and mid lows. Not nearly open enough on the top, and Iā€™m getting no bottom at all. It all south of middle lol. And thatā€™s making it sound really really muffled.

Go ahead and post those stems :smiley:

Iā€™m going to say that I actually really like the first song - Trigger. Thereā€™s a cool energy in there - reminds me of some NIN stuff from the 90ā€™s. But Iā€™ll agree completely with @Jonathan, mids to bass thereā€™s just way too much stuff competing for space. Rather than EQ, I think itā€™s a case of just too much sound playing at the same time. In the main sections, I can hear a bass synth, voices, drums, other synths, and after that I canā€™t really make out much more.

For a reference track - which I think has a sound like your song - listen to the Nine Inch Nails song Burn. Although a different vibe, Trent Reznor was layering sounds until the end when it becomes quite unbearable. But the journey to that end is (in my opinion) a masterpiece in arrangement and instrumentation.

Cool sounding stuff. It is really good to hear this from you. I think there is a lot of potential here. I would agree with the others that there is some work to be done to bring out the clarity while keeping the heavy ā€˜wall of soundā€™. I really look forward to hearing how this progresses. In the upload errorz i am wondering how it would sound to have the main synth theme running an octave higher.

The first one sounds a but muddy and the 2nd lacks bass. I think some EQing would help the different elements sit together better

]

Itā€™s very rare I listen to this genre of music, so Iā€™m finding it difficult to know how to advise you on how to improve your tracksā€¦ However, Iā€™ll have a bash

Terigger my Switch: Lots of low end here. Maybe youā€™d consider varying the octaves that you have used to give the listener a little more variety. Donā€™t worry too much about the lack of lyrics. What you sampled onto the track was ample!

Upload Error: Was this inspired by your [quote=ā€œBillyBoBBizWorth, post:1, topic:1228ā€]
shitty provider
[/quote]

I definitely preferred this one, as it has everything on it that I would have liked to have heard in Terigger my Switch. It has more of a melody to it, higher octaves in places, and basically itā€™s a lot more listenable to!

Sorry Iā€™m about 11 days behind everyone elseā€¦ thatā€™s quite normal for me!