Low effort kontakt piano

Hey guys. I figured I’d stick this up here for anyone who cares. I did a quick kontakt piano library just to test the waters a little bit.

This thing is a very low effort library. I sampled each tritone at 2 dynamic layers and added some filters in there to try to get them to sound a little more natural at all velocity layers. It’s not perfect, but it works better than I would have expected (note: expectations were very low).

There are no release samples. There are no pedal down samples. It’s about as bare-bones as a piano library could be. But it’s actually semi-functional, so you can feel free to download it and try it out.

It requires kontakt 6. I haven’t quite figured out how to make a library in kontakt 6 that can be opened in lesser versions. I haven’t spent more than 5 minutes trying to figure out if it’s even possible, so if anyone knows, let me know and I’ll do it.

Here’s an equally low effort sound clip.

Library download:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoNdWz6KJnnmkMkbvenHlEpim92UCg?e=nLIVft

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

No problem. I’ll definitely be working on a better version of this at some point. And I won’t be giving up my other piano sample libraries any time soon, but it seemed like it was at least good enough to be useful for some things.

1 Like

I like this Boz. I mean it is not the peak of the piano plugins (yet) but I like the laid back sound. It has the feel of being close up the keys in a well padded room. That is nice as I can add space as needed with reverb.