Love, John Lennon 1970

“Love” is a song written and performed by John Lennon, originally released on his debut solo album John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band (1970). The song’s theme is more upbeat than most of the songs on Plastic Ono Band.

Keep the people you love, close to you, and keep them in your heart and mind and soul!!!
Peace, love and joy to all peoples!!!

Another great cover! That mix is so good too. Just the right amount of reverb, and your mic placement is spot on. :beerbanger:

1 Like

Hi holster,
Great to hear from you, and a million thanks for all you are doing.
Much respect and appreciation.
Warm regards,
Rene

I have no new or original comment on this unless ditto on everything i have said previously on your productions. haha I wish you would give us just a little hint where you are hiding your microphones. Trade secret?

1 Like

Hi Paul,
Keep this comments coming, I simply dig those very nice words, especially coming from you.
They are my inspiration, and source of flame!!!

Trade secret:
I use 2 microphones.
Shure SM-58 directed towards the guitar, positioned right in front of me, directly across from my guitar, and just below my iMac screen, just 1 mm out of camera view (about 10 inches away)
Ear Trumpet Labs, “Edwina Model”, directed towards my vocals, positioned right in front of me, about the same height as my nose, and just 1 mm out of camera view (about 8-10 inches away).

Like “studio” was saying, we are willing to expose all and everything we know, if we can help.
Keep this responses coming. I love 'em!
Thanks Paul!!!
Rene

1 Like

Rene,
I think I’ve told you my Beatle-related stories already. I haven’t heard the original song in a while. I noticed you have multiple acoustic guitars. Does their individual sound dictate which guitar you use for what song? The singing and guitar playing are both very good! Wish I could sing and play guitar that well at the same time. Very nice! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Aaron,
Love your stories, Aaron, and you have a knack to tell these stories well.
I do have couple of guitars that I go to for songs that are a bit high for my vocal range.
My all koa, BTO Taylor I tuned 2 semitones down (D), and my Martin OM John Mayer Signature is tuned 1 semitone lower (Eb).
Great question.
Warm regards,
Rene

1 Like