Lot of discussion about lyrics...threw the weird ones...started new ones

I trashed those lyrics and will use some of them with another track and not a rock genre.

I got to to thinking about how much i still enjoy playing in our band live for benefits etc. Also sad for those who can play but have never experienced that feeling. I have now started lyrics about that and should have those up relatively soon. My band friends will be hearing this and I will have to tread lightly when addressing the slight problem of LSD that we have. (lead singer disease) ha ha My friend Bob always says “I got this one” and I sing the bgv’s. I have to say he is good tho.

Here is the start of the new lyric direction from last night

Look at me

Cool that saxaphone … I got my own lick so leave it alone

Keepin it rollin keepin it hot ……screamin this baby give n what I got

Ride that crash… double that kick… funk that bass… and all ……that …shit

Back off…I’m in a zone ……… feelin the vibe ….this one I own

Fingers flying no deny”n… gimme some time… I’ll take it on home

Sing it Johny sing it good….killed it man knew you would

Look at me I’m in a rock-N-roll band …playin every honky tonk across this land

Look at me I’m in a rock-n-roll band everybody’s standin up clappin their hands…oh yeah

or this chorus

It’s Time to cut loose…it’s time to rock n roll

It’s time to get drunk or smoke your self a bowl

It’s time to let the music to invade your soul

1 Like

this is brilliant :laughing:

1 Like

Crazy now here with bursting pipes, but tonight I will try to sing this. It will have to be one line at a time and stop because it is so not memorizable. Another made up word. Best to you Michelle

I don’t know why but I get this association with a grainy 70’s film where the pretty young girl is about to be offered to the gods on a stone altar and the priests are chanting an omnious offer song :innocent:
Very curious to hear if you had anything at all in mind Paul…
And of course what the song sounds like!

1 Like

Hi Evert I was going to write only the first verse and or the chorus and let others jump in, but it is so out there I don’t think I would get any takers. Frankly, I am a little tired/bored of my songwriting as of late.
I also think that A valu could be sung by a gal in a colab.

I like the thought of priests chanting etc. Might work some of that in?
I will be putting this on a rock track, but it might go better with something a little more peculiar?? ha ha
It was hard coming up with those lyrics or whatever you call them.

Other than some similarities to Finnish, your experiment reminded me of that “The Jetsons” episode where Elroy made up his own language and wrote a song with it, which his sister Judy then swiped and submitted to a song contest (which she won). So this has been done in the past. Or is it the future? :nerd_face: Pretty good drum solo from George Jetson too (prior to time-stamp).

2 Likes

Ha ha Yes, but at least he came back to normal words in between those four weird ones. (although I liked ork) My whole song is weird, so I guess I won that one?? I might do a video also and then we come back and compare. I start singing it tonight. Now for the melody notes??? ha ha

I’m all for experimentation. However, I think the simple answer will be, “Yes”. If the chorus is catchy and repeated enough, it will be memorable. Just think of songs in a language other than English like “hakuna matata”, or “Que sera, sera”, or “Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?”

If you want a songwriting challenge, consider writing a song in another language (French, Spanish, Thai, etc) before making up your own language.

Then again there is nothing wrong with making a language as well. It will just possibly limit your audience appeal, but you could always use the made up language as place holders for future songs as well.

In all, whatever keeps you writing is worth doing.

2 Likes

Hi James Just havin a little fun. Trying to stimulate my imagination. I sang this tonight and no fireworks went off so maybe something different tomorrow. I might sing a “normal” verse and have only the chorus weird and repeat more often. Well that is where I am headed at this moment in time. I like a moving target. A valu sorta sounded French to me when I blurted it out the first time. I am 3/4 French and maybe its a genetic thing that goes wayyy back? Anyway thanks for stopping by for a visit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep! New Grammy category: “Best Song In A Made Up Language”. :joy:

Then you should call your project Le Feak! (kind of like Le Freak, but cooler :wink:)

1 Like

I trashed those lyrics and will use some of them with another track and not a rock genre.

I got to to thinking about how much i still enjoy playing in our band live for benefits etc. Also sad for those who can play but have never experienced that feeling. I have now started lyrics about that and should have those up relatively soon. My band friends will be hearing this and I will have to tread lightly when addressing the slight problem of LSD that we have. (lead singer disease) ha ha My friend Bob always says “I got this one” and I sing the bgv’s. I have to say he is good tho.

Here is the start of the new lyric direction from last night

Look at me

Cool that saxaphone … I got my own lick so leave it alone

Keepin it rollin keepin it hot ……screamin this baby give n what I got

Ride that crash… double that kick… funk that bass… and all ……that …shit

Back off…I’m in a zone ……… feelin the vibe ….this one I own

Fingers flying no deny”n… gimme some time… I’ll take it on home

Sing it Johny sing it good….killed it man knew you would

Look at me I’m in a rock-N-roll band …playin every honky tonk across this land

Look at me I’m in a rock-n-roll band everybody’s standin up clappin their hands…oh yeah

or

It’s time to get drunk or smoke your self a bowl

It’s time to let the music to invade your soul