Long Time Comin' (Hiatt cover) -- back in the saddle at last

My sincerest sympathies for your loss Mike. These things just keep happening more and more often. We gain perspective and “wisdom” from these losses, but damn what a high price tag. Just listened to that Long Way Home tune, that’s a tear jerker for sure. Thanks for your kind words on the mix. :slight_smile:

They’re single coils of EBMM design, presumably an update on Leo’s originals, as the rest of the guitar is meant to be. They sound great, that’s for sure. The “active” bit is really just to cancel the hum with some widgetry built in to the body, driven by a 9V battery (which has got to be due for a change by now…). Super happy with that purchase, it has worked out exactly as I’d hoped. :guitar::guitar::guitar:

1 Like

I listened to your 3 studio versions and watched the video on my laptop and everything sounded quite good. I don’t recall ever hearing this song before but after 4 listens I know it now! I can feel the emotion in your version and it especially connected with me when I watched the video, with all your friends and family there honouring your brother in-law. You could see that Bob’s brother was really into your performance. At the risk of sounding a bit soft, I gotta say that I felt a bit choked up near the end of your performance…The whole mood and the back story you gave in your opening post. It was heart warming.

Great job, Dave!

1 Like

Wicked, thanks so much! If I managed to generate some emotion, that’s about all I could wish for. :slight_smile: I was surprised that I got through that last verse without losing it, quite honestly… but Bob was a pro, and he would have never let something get to him on stage, so I tried to channel that while I was up there. Especially after having broken down twice during my spoken remarks-- some thoughtful soul put a box of tissues at the foot of the speakers’ podium, thank goodness!

1 Like

Hi Dave - great to hear a new one from you!
Because I am late to the party I have dived right in to the latest version and gosh… sounding so good!
Clean and tasty and the vocals sound great! The video was touching and adds a lovely dimension to the story behind the song. Mmm, well, I’m not going to listen to the earlier versions coz this is a pleasure to listen to!
:beerbanger::beerbanger:

1 Like

Nice,i agree the drums are a bit over compressed .Great work

1 Like

Hey Emma! Good to “see” you too. Thanks all for the good inputs. I sent off V3 to Bob’s family the other day, and so far have heard back from brother Joe, who loved it too. Hope the rest of them do as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful, Dave. You already won me over with your story before I even started listening. Very moving and honoring.

Nice mix, to be sure. Gotta tell you, I absolutely love when the electrics come in at 1:45. Just so musical. Great playing and entirely different than what I’d have added there (that being a good thing!). Love, love, love what you did.

Sorry for the loss. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Wow, thank you so much @Tesgin! I really appreciate your kind words. :smile: