Little collab with Paul "Why did I end up me"

Great soulful and thought provoking composition by @feaker
Guitar - Paul
Drums - Paul (electronic)
Lead vocals: Paul

I thought this song has charming retro vibe to it, so in the light of those things I added some retro strings with some old school soul choir weaving in and out.

Strings: Michelle (casio keyboard)
Choir: Michelle (Kontakt)

2 Likes

Hi Michelle. Seems like this was eons ago :slight_smile: My acoustic picking is awful. I wish I had paid more attention to that. I don’t remember it having drums? Kinda generic by me…oops.
The song, a story of so many kids who don’t fit in and are comfortable to not leave the nest.
I should have also had ten seconds of something, I believe at the 1:24 to 1:34ish mark.
Some parts I can barely hear the lyrics, but I do have substantial hearing loss. The bass on these cans sounds loud too? Really liked what you did with this. I only wish I would have handed over something better.

1 Like

I think you’re being waaay too hard on yourself Paul. It sounds great from where I’m listening and @FluteCafe has done a magnificent job with the string a choir parts. Love it.

2 Likes

Michelle helped me with another track. She is the real deal. I sit and play that song with just my acoustic in my lazyboy and it sounds real good. In the studio no so much. It’s just a story. peace man

1 Like

yes, sorry that it sat on the backdesk for a long time! It has been long indeed. I did thoroughly enjoy listening to the song, the concept and production. Wish I could have done more to it!

You are too kind! thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes