Listen To The Rain - please bash

Vaughan, I just saw this - and just had a listen - and I like it! When I can get a chance I’ll compare your other masters for reference. What did you do with this one? My quick listen it sounds leveled but not over-compressed and not too “bright” which I think is just right for this song.

I just took the best parts of M1 and M3 and combined the two, with less compression, actually I think I went with limiting instead… and gave it some midrange presence, and fatter low mids by a dB or so - but the essential flavor is still the same.

Basically I just re-shaped it to sound how I imagine you would want it in your monitors, based on your original mix and the comments above. I have no idea of how loud it is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Final mix added to the first post. Thanks again for the feedback everyone!

1 Like

Sounds great - stamp it! :+1:

1 Like

New one sounds good. Well done and thanks for sharing the process.

1 Like

Just wanted to let everyone know it was a lot of fun adding a little bit to this project, and if anyone needs a guitar part I’d be happy to help.

@ColdRoomStudio @redworks - thanks Andrew and Eric!

+1!! If anyone is just thinking they might want to try a collaboration and could use a superb guitar player or just some more input on their project, hit him up! I was really frustrated with where this thing was headed, and on a whim, after hearing one of Bob’s songs, I thought I’d ask if he might be interested in playing a part. I’m thrilled that he said yes and there’s no doubt this is a better song because of Bob’s contributions. Adding him to the equation gave a whole new dimension to things. Thanks Bob!

1 Like