Ledley

The purpose of this is for a YouTube channel video series ident.

2 Likes

I feel like the drums need a little more impact the guitars are overpowering.

3 Likes

Nice piece, I can actually feel it in a video. I would bring the drums up just a tad.

1 Like

Not my riffs though. Credit to Jimmy Page (though of course he may have, um, ‘borrowed’ a lick or two himself).

Custard Pie and The Rover? Guitar sounds good.

2 Likes

Just listening on headphones, but I really dig the guitar tone on this… The slowdown is very cool too. I agree with the other comments about the drums coming up a bit.

Nice work!

1 Like

…and In My Time Of Dying.
:slight_smile:

hey jp,
I agree with the others. Give some meat to the drums and bring them up. The kick and lower end of the drums won’t conflict with the guitars so there shouldn’t be much of a worry there. Nice intro!

2 Likes

As many (all?) of you mentioned the drums, I must admit I did very little with them I just nabbed them from MIDI files of the three Zep songs, cut out the bars I wanted, and pasted them in. No work with GrooveAgent or the HALion Sonic soft synth. I’ve started to fix that. :slight_smile:

I agree with the above, especially if this is meant to be on a YouTube video as an intro or outro, the drums should be huge and impactful.

1 Like

Yeah, I caught that right after I hit send. Not to pile on with the comments, but in general Page’s guitar tone relied on the bass and kick drum to make it sound big. By itself, it was pretty bright without much meat, leaving the rumble up to the rhythm section.

1 Like

Okay, MoFos, (and FaFos?), here’s mix #2, with a little more attention paid to the drums (a Groove Agent kit, plus the same reverb send used for the other tracks).

2 Likes

Much better. To get that real Zep drum vibe, try dialing down the high end in your drum room mics.

Yes, it sounds much better with the drums turned up !