Just finished another song called "naughty" I have a couple questions if you have a minute

When I say the song is finished, I mean I have put in all the parts. No tweaking yet. Questions…

Have you heard of a song called naughty before
Have you heard that intro guitar riff before
Have you heard a drop of two notes as I did in the bridge start before…voices and guitar bending notes
Does the radio voice(studio one plugin) work or is it too nasal

Ok that was four questions thanks in advance for listening….paul

I wanna be naughty with you Em Am B Em

Hey …I know your kind You are nothing but trouble But trouble is something I kinda like
Specially when your comin on strong to me
I can be bad I can be naughty like you

Naught looks a hungry walk …a little smile some dirty talk… You whisper in my ear
I watch the way you move I really do approve all the
little things you do to keep me lookin for more
You are naughty…you’re so naughty like me

Been wa……chin you walk by… undressed you maybe a couple of times
but maybe you’ve Seen that gig before ….
specially when you give out those catch me looks
I wanna be bad I wanna be naughty with you

Ok you say some nasty things in my ear and you really got my attention. Then you
Moved on to some other guy and said the same thing. Is this your game?
Do you say the same things to all guys. I don’t know what to do right now. I’m so excited
and confused

Have you heard of a song called naughty before
Nope… just “Naughty Naughty” by John Parr. :slight_smile:

Have you heard that intro guitar riff before
Don’t think I have.

Have you heard a drop of two notes as I did in the bridge start before…voices and guitar bending notes
Not particularly.

Does the radio voice(studio one plugin) work or is it too nasal
I works OK. I didn’t think it was too nasal.

I dig the wah pedal work… or was it a touch wah? Sounded cool.

1 Like

Thanks for that. It is a wah pedal. I did it sitting down and it doesn’t feel natural. I am going to do that again tomorrow with a plan this time. Much appreciated

Nice tune, on first listen it has a little bit of a T Rex feel. I don’t hear anything specifically derivative, if that’s your concern.
You might try a couple of other effects for the spoken word section just to see how they sound. Maybe a pitch change two octaves down would sound naughtier? The lo-fi effect gets used a lot, but it doesn’t sound bad or out of place, but maybe a more shocking effect would tie into the theme more.

1 Like

Great idea on the pitch change. I have to see if studio one does that. I did think that it was a different vibe than the rest and maybe a little too peppy compared to the earlier verses. See there is something to live for tomorrow. Thanks guy

Hey Paul, very naughty indeed, and at your age! Kidding of course, you’re as young as you feel. Good tune too and I like what you do with the vocals. They’ve been made a lot more naughty than usual . I’m listening on my iPhone so can’t really comment on the mix, But I do feel your mixes are getting better Paul!

1 Like

feaker,
Instrumentally, it all sounds pretty good. I think the vocals sound a lot better when you layer them in this song. One evening, when I was single, this gal buys me a drink in a nightclub, and wanted to go to a nearby nightclub. So I drive her there. While driving there she asks me if I have any drugs, and I say, “no”. As soon as we get to the other nightclub, she chats up some other guy. I left right after that.

1 Like