Just a guitar factoid I found to be simply amazing

I have been away from my Texas home for 8 months. I set up my mini studio and then dragged my bass guitar (not in a case) from under the bed. Blew off the dust and set it in a guitar stand. I opened a session and plugged it into my boss processor to begin tuning. It was in perfect tune after sitting 240 days. There is no way this could happen ???

1 Like

HI Paul,
I have a few guitars that could hold the tune for quite a while, especially if they are inside a case and the temps are not moving too much.
More true, probably, with the bass guitar, as their strings are much thicker, and the tension of the strings are much lower.
Great factoid, and yeahhhh… amazing, indeed!!!
Warm regards,
Rene

1 Like

So how was the neck, action, intonation, etc?

Hi boss I bought the guitar on amazon for $150 It is a squire J bass. Not a fender P bass. ha ha
I really didn’t notice the neck etc. If anything structurally would have changed, I don’t think it would have stayed in tune.
I will watch it now in the next few months of our winter retreat and see if it changes. You should know I post weird stuff. nice hearing from you. carry on

Nothing weird, but pretty lucky. Don’t touch it other than to check tune, and see if you can beat Cal Ripken’s record for consecutive games played in about ten years.
I believe your fine tuning skills locked it in to a zen like balance, and it should go into the Squire section of Ripley’s Believe It Or Not museum, right next to the shrunken heads and asteroid chunks.

[quote=“StylesBitchley, post:5, topic:6447”]
I believe your fine tuning skills locked it in to a zen like balance, and it should go into the Squire section of Ripley’s Believe It Or Not museum, right next to the shrunken heads and asteroid chunks.
Hey Bob Man I would love to have a beer with you sometime. Unbelievable witt. ’

I was just thinking if you today. I put out a song last year that was, let’s just say, too fluffy. I did a WWBD (what would Bob do) ha ha He would make this a rock song. Or at least believable. It is set in a backwoods bar in Louisiana.
I have been working ten hour days and have zero time for the studio. I will put the song here with the present lyrics. The chorus doesn’t work at all. Just wondering if you feel I could switch this to a different genre? Once again it would be cool if you could hop on.

Crazy

She comes alone somewhere bout midnight doesn’t talk to no one

Slams down her whiskey…tips the barkeep.and whispers to him I gotta run

Maybe I’ve been wasting my time waitin at this bar

thinking i could be her guy

She’s beautiful mysterious …she could have any one

I say hi she just don’t turn her head…

I’m thinking maybe shes just a little bit shy I say hi she just turns away…

I’m wishin and hopin she aint got some other guy

Crazy i must be crazy to think a gorgeous stranger would look my way

Crazy I must be crazy but I’m gonna keep tryin

cause i got some stuff to say to you

11:45 she’s watchin TV slamin more drinks sittin next to me

Slowly got myself up circled round the bar…got in her face no more TV

Staring in those cold dark eyes…they were focused like lasers into mine

She said I been watchin on you…ya surely took your sweet time

I could see rocking this up quite a bit. At first listen, you might be trying to squeeze too many words per chord change, but could be fixed.
Take out your guitar when you can and try to play the chords sort of like Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer and you’ll get a sense of where I would take it.
If you’re ever near Orlando, let me know. Drinking beer is part of my skill set!

Mornin Bob I shit canned the rock possibility. I changed some of the lyrics with the help of my logical engineer daughter (40) I am going to have her talk about her life story along with the lead break.
Next will be the country song, then back to a rocker.
Thanks for the listen and yes for the beer session. ha ha
Had a rough 24 hours. My wife had her first UTI with a 103 temp that we had a tough time bringing down. Up every 3 hours with ibuprophin and antibiotics. Over the hump now. take care