JonJon, finally arrived

a singing forum could and should be a great thing. The problem is, without actual singing examples, no one knows what is actually being discussed lol. Take a basic word like “belting”. Its used extensively but no one agrees on what it means lol. I have seen the “pro” teachers give widely varying definitions etc etc. So without examples we are just spinning our wheels.

Also, the forum is generally owned by someone who is offering a product such as 'Singing Success" or ‘KTVA’ or “CVT”…so obviously they arent trying to hear discussions on other programs and they arent trying to hear that maybe their program isnt the be-all end-all. So the forum ends up not being an honest discussion.

For example, imagine if this forum only allowed discussion of mixing with, say, Slate products lol. That would be a bit limiting huh?

1 Like

Yep, singing is a bit of a strange thing… I learnt formally but only ‘really’ learned to sing when I had internalised all that stuff and then largely abandoned it - well, same with playing instruments really. And double yep for all those who rant about production techniques but remain silent… It’s a curious world really… [philosophical grin… hmmm have we got an emoticon here:for that??]

:rolling_eyes::thinking::interrobang:

yeah, one of my internal guidelines is “its just rock and roll”…it’s not surgery or engineering a bridge or making a precise chemical compound.

I mused out loud a lot about the singing teaching industry. So let me get this right…im going to pay some guy $10k ($100 lesson, 1x per week for 2 years) and he will teach me to sing as good as these guys?: Freddy Mercury, Rob Halford, Dio, Bruce Dickinson, Paul Rogers, Robert Plant.
2 things about that. 1) The teacher himself isnt as good as those guys lol. 2) ALL of those guys were SELF TAUGHT! haha

:grinning:

be careful, you’ll trigger me.

Bring it on! :laughing:

be careful, I rode the short buss

Those short busses are so heavily compressed.

1 Like